Site Admin

Re: Making Masato Dojo (4 real)

Postby Masato » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:55 am

Canuckster wrote:
Masato wrote:Masato Dojo is flooded! :o :o :o

Big rains here.

oh noes :(

Wasn't too bad. Its back together now no damage done

Used a tarp and some bricks to keep the rains out after the first fall got under the garage door, but I'll need something easier/permanent for next time it rains hard.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:18 pm

Might need a new seal on the bottom of the door?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:45 pm

Masato wrote:
Canuckster wrote:
Masato wrote:Masato Dojo is flooded! :o :o :o

Big rains here.

oh noes :(

Used a tarp and some bricks to keep the rains out after the first fall got under the garage door, but I'll need something easier/permanent for next time it rains hard.

- It's some part of the dojo lower than the ground level?
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:08 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Masato wrote:
Canuckster wrote:oh noes :(

- It's some part of the dojo lower than the ground level?

No. Its ground level. But there is a little shelf just in front of the garage door that is not perfectly level, so all rain that lands in front of the door will come in underneath. All I have to do is block that gap under the door and its fine. Right now I'm using a big tarp and bricks, lol but I have to find a better solution.

My son woke me up at 1am last night; 'Dad, it's pouring rain!' I went out and set up the tarp and bricks in the middle of a lightning storm lol
Dojo is dry this morning :D

Today I start training again. I've been off for a month :( Been going for walks and kayaks and lifting some weights so I'm not completely out shape but we'll see how mangled up I get tonight lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:39 am

Had the first real training session tonight on the new mats.

Canuckster came with a couple others to drill and teach us some concepts.
Very good

Gotta improve on those bricks though lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:07 pm

Masato dojo is rockin these days

I have 2 friends older than me, both with a lifetime of martial arts training, 1 has a black belt in both judo and BJJ.

They've both accepted my offer to come use the garage anytime and they finally started showing up regularly. I'm thrilled. They both have tons of injuries so only looking for super light drilling low impact, which is perfect for me too actually, I'm getting older too and they are nice filler sessions to stay warm between real classes.

My son is also using it for boxing with his friends. They were in last weekend hitting the bag, some of his friends box, they have a little fight club where they have friendly matches with kids from other schools. Amazingly, it seems to be quite civil. Cops tried to shut it down but they are finding new locations. Masato Dojo is their secret training pit :D

Soon the winter will come though, and it's still not insulated. If I had money to finish it up that would be so sweet. I would put a wood stove in there

Maybe someday

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:04 pm

- Did you put the Lou Ferrigno poster?

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:09 pm

Masato wrote:Masato dojo is rockin these days

I have 2 friends older than me, both with a lifetime of martial arts training, 1 has a black belt in both judo and BJJ.

They've both accepted my offer to come use the garage anytime and they finally started showing up regularly. I'm thrilled. They both have tons of injuries so only looking for super light drilling low impact, which is perfect for me too actually, I'm getting older too and they are nice filler sessions to stay warm between real classes.

My son is also using it for boxing with his friends. They were in last weekend hitting the bag, some of his friends box, they have a little fight club where they have friendly matches with kids from other schools. Amazingly, it seems to be quite civil. Cops tried to shut it down but they are finding new locations. Masato Dojo is their secret training pit :D

Soon the winter will come though, and it's still not insulated. If I had money to finish it up that would be so sweet. I would put a wood stove in there

Maybe someday

- Dont you mean wrestling? :cry:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:40 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Masato wrote:Masato dojo is rockin these days

Maybe someday

- Dont you mean wrestling? :cry:

No, why do you say that?

My son stopped jiu jitsu maybe 4 years ago.

Return to “Super Dojo”