Masato Dojo (4 real)

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Making Masato Dojo (4 real)

Postby Masato » Fri May 28, 2021 4:00 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:That is awesome!

What kind of mats did you get? I was thinking of getting mats for my rooftop patio, which I got gym equipment up there... but need mats for rolling just in case they close gyms again.

- Are you a character from Def-Jam Fight for NY?

I choose to imagine yes.

And also he is the real Diet Butcher.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Mon May 31, 2021 5:50 pm

Masato wrote:We also plan to put up a whiteboard, that will be fun for making workout routines, or writing down BJJ techniques we're learning to remind us for drilling

I'm also picking up a heavy bag today from someone who doesn't need it anymore. But I have to wait to put it up because I need someone smarter than me to figure out the engineering to make it strong enough not to collapse my garage, lol. Bag is like 200lbs + all the torque from kicking it etc. I don't think I can just hang it from a rafter lol

Hey thats a good idea. the whiteboard. I've also been taking PT clients up there as a part time gig... whiteboard would be nice so I don't have to look at notes all the time.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:14 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Masato wrote:We also plan to put up a whiteboard, that will be fun for making workout routines, or writing down BJJ techniques we're learning to remind us for drilling

I'm also picking up a heavy bag today from someone who doesn't need it anymore. But I have to wait to put it up because I need someone smarter than me to figure out the engineering to make it strong enough not to collapse my garage, lol. Bag is like 200lbs + all the torque from kicking it etc. I don't think I can just hang it from a rafter lol

Hey thats a good idea. the whiteboard. I've also been taking PT clients up there as a part time gig... whiteboard would be nice so I don't have to look at notes all the time.

what's PT clients?

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:07 pm

Masato wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:

what's PT clients?

- Personal training.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:52 pm

OK its basically done. Haven't got the whiteboard yet but we put up some curtains to make a fake wall/hide all the garage junk, got a little fan in there, and put up the heavy bag. I scored a nice Thai boxing bag from a friend, he says some bad dudes have used this thing over the years.

My daughter is using it tons, she even had a sleepover in it the other night lol. My son has friends that take boxing so they come over sometimes and mess around in there too.

My injury is healing well, I'm gonna start light training and movement again in 1 week.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:39 pm

- You should Cali that Hart Dungeoun.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:27 pm

No it's the Masato Dojo! :D

My daughter will probably have a different name for it. She still bugs me about my Saku honorary picture.
Someday she will learn :D

She wanted the Ali poster in there too but I don't think she knows much about him either. I want to find a night to watch 'When We Were Kings' with the kids.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:03 pm

I'm experimenting with Bas Rutten type strikes on the heavy bag. mostly because I'm too lazy 4 handwraps and afraid of breaking my hands.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:35 pm

Masato wrote:I'm experimenting with Bas Rutten type strikes on the heavy bag. mostly because I'm too lazy 4 handwraps and afraid of breaking my hands.

-Try those fast hand-wraps. And use a pair of bag-gloves. Theres no point on risking getting hurt.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:36 pm

Masato wrote:OK its basically done. Haven't got the whiteboard yet but we put up some curtains to make a fake wall/hide all the garage junk, got a little fan in there, and put up the heavy bag. I scored a nice Thai boxing bag from a friend, he says some bad dudes have used this thing over the years.

My daughter is using it tons, she even had a sleepover in it the other night lol. My son has friends that take boxing so they come over sometimes and mess around in there too.

My injury is healing well, I'm gonna start light training and movement again in 1 week.

- Wheres the Lou Ferrigno poster? :mrgreen:

Return to “Super Dojo”