Comic Coloring

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Comic Coloring

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:32 pm

Stumbled on this vid, looks cool.

I don't read much comics but admire them a lot. I also do very similar stuff for work, trying to find fast ways to color linework etc. In fact that's what I'm on these days, trying to find the FASTEST way to make it work and still be appealing. I watched a bit of it, and the narrator seems to be missing this. He speaks as though minimalist coloring styles are by artistic choice. I would suspect instead that the colorist isn't getting paid very well, and needs to blast through as fast as he can get away with to make it worth the money, lol. The cool part for illustrators is that minimalist coloring can still look great lol

Interesting to examine different methods.

Unfortunately these guys are terribly undervalued$ imo for their skills

Will watch later and comment

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:25 pm

Masato wrote:Stumbled on this vid, looks cool.

I don't read much comics but admire them a lot. I also do very similar stuff for work, trying to find fast ways to color linework etc. In fact that's what I'm on these days, trying to find the FASTEST way to make it work and still be appealing. I watched a bit of it, and the narrator seems to be missing this. He speaks as though minimalist coloring styles are by artistic choice. I would suspect instead that the colorist isn't getting paid very well, and needs to blast through as fast as he can get away with to make it worth the money, lol. The cool part for illustrators is that minimalist coloring can still look great lol

Interesting to examine different methods.

Unfortunately these guys are terribly undervalued$ imo for their skills

Will watch later and comment

- Go read Chuck Dicksons G.I-Joe. Or his old work.

Years ago comic-book Artists used to make money selling paintings. Dont know how is today.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Anarchy Zone”