Video games you are playing/want to play

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Video games you are playing/want to play

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:51 pm

- I loved this game.

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:29 am

Tonight I finished Popful Mail, a really good Sega CD game. Despite its excellence it is flawed. My main complaint was no matter how much money you spent on armor, shields, amulets, etc. enemies still only need a few hits to kill you and combined with no recovery time its real easy to die for no reason. To counter balance this you quickly learn to be really frugal with items, to a point where a large part of the game is worrying about item management rather than just enjoying the game. That will definitely turn away some modern gamers, especially the steep learning curve thats probably worst at the 1st world boss, the wood golem. But if you get by him without feeling burnt out you will probably love this game. The quirky humor is great, and its total disregard for being PC is what the 90s were all about lol

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:36 pm

Luigi wrote:Tonight I finished Popful Mail, a really good Sega CD game. Despite its excellence it is flawed. My main complaint was no matter how much money you spent on armor, shields, amulets, etc. enemies still only need a few hits to kill you and combined with no recovery time its real easy to die for no reason. To counter balance this you quickly learn to be really frugal with items, to a point where a large part of the game is worrying about item management rather than just enjoying the game. That will definitely turn away some modern gamers, especially the steep learning curve thats probably worst at the 1st world boss, the wood golem. But if you get by him without feeling burnt out you will probably love this game. The quirky humor is great, and its total disregard for being PC is what the 90s were all about lol

- That game look's great. The scenarios remind's Pre -Historic Man.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:39 pm

- Iron Man X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon May 10, 2021 10:14 pm

- Justice League Task Force

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed May 26, 2021 1:13 am

Recently I finished Phantasy Star 3, Phantasy Star 4, and Samurai Shodown 4. For PhS3 I ragequit that game over 3 years ago due to cryptic bs and crazy encounter rate, but finally resumed it and finished it.

PhS4 is basically the only genesis game universally considered top 10 regardless of region. I didnt think it would make my top 10 but it deserves it. I would rank them as:

1. Sonic
2. Sonic 2
3. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
4. Contra The Hard Corps (J)
5. Comix Zone
6. Gunstar Heroes
7. Ghouls n Ghosts
8. Phantasy Star 4
9. Gleylancer
10. Bloodlines

For Samsho 4 Ive been stuck at the last boss with Charlotte for probably like 6 months, but since the last boss is different for each character I decided that instead of using my favorite character I should just use the one thats best at exploiting the AI, and for me that was Rimu. Her heavy attack has ridiculous range and weird timing, so the AI isnt really designed to block it at the end of its range, so I beat the game in just a few hours. She is basically this games version of the arrow girl. It felt kinda dirty but maybe one day Ill go back with Charlotte and beat the last boss.

At this point Im pretty much done all my old school Sega games and only have a few Neo Geo games left. But I have an Atari Jaguar gamedrive coming in the mail which will give me plenty of new games to play.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed May 26, 2021 4:28 am

Been trying to get my hands on a copy of gunstar heroes and comix zone for my genesis for a while
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed May 26, 2021 2:53 pm

I emulated both, and that was back when Genesis prices were a lot more reasonable so probably wont be easy to get them today.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:57 am

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”