Teaching again

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Teaching again

Postby Masato » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:38 pm

So all classes were shut down for covid. It's been what? like 8 months ago?

I did a few online classes during lockdown but they are lame. I think I did a good job but it just feels sterile, I didn't enjoy at all.

Life is busy and teaching doesn't make me much money and its a lot of work so I thought if I'm gonna teach, maybe make it the coolest gig I would like to teach best. So I put it together, I got 5 super talented kids signed up so far with a maximum of 9 (due to covid rulez).

Around here there are some really top schools for art and animation and design etc, but the best of these are really hard to get it, there is so much demand etc. So the goal is to find kids that are serious about it and that have the skills and potential and help em make as best they can before applying. Lifedrawing is a huge part of portfolio judging, yet most teens don't understand this, they have no idea how important it is and how much time it takes to start putting it all together.

Starts next week, I've never done anything at this level before.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:48 pm

- Cool JOb MIke Deodato:D
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:32 pm

Had my first intro class Saturday.

Tonight I teach lifedrawing for the very first time. I am pumped!! :D :D

only trouble is I'm gonna try not to smoke any weed, don't want my students smelling it on me. I usually have a toke or 2 when I lifedraw. Maybe I'll dig out the vape.

Wish me luck!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:07 pm

LOL crazy night.

2 students show up late for my instructional class (no model)

A Dad shows up says he wants to take the course.

1 student shows up 5 mins late for the actual modelling. Class is full so I quietly give her my spot, and have to sit in a really shitty spot behind a post and a light in my eyes.

5 mins later, a student taps me on the shoulder. She is crying and whispers 'I didn't know it was going to be nude'. lol I have to take her out and console her until her parents pick her up.

People at the door and during break asking if they can join my instructional, how much it costs etc. I have no idea haven't thought about it, tell everyone I'll get back to them.

All these distractions = I drew like stank, lol

All in all I had tons of fun though :D was crazy but I liked it. Can't wait for next week.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:14 pm

- Great job, boss^^
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:04 pm

Class is still going, 2 weeks left. Students are loving it.

For the Lifedrawing, the setup was that I could piggyback my class on the pre-existing weekly drop-in sessions. But we got another lockdown a couple weeks ago limiting indoor spaces to 10 people. So lucky for me, they cancelled the drop-ins to the public and let me keep my class going because students + me + model = 10 people. So I got a private class for nothing, lol.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:13 pm

One funny story - lifedrawing models are like 90% female.

So for like 6 weeks we were all drawing women. Remember these are all teens I am teaching, all underage. 6 girl students, 1 boy. None of them had ever done lifedrawing before, none had seen nude people like that with their own eyes lol.

So finally the coordinator had hired a male model (I don't hire the models, I just show up lol) and this model had the biggest fucking horse cock you can imagine lolol I don't know who was more shocked, the 6 teen girls or the 1 asian boy who probably went home questioning his physical existence lololol I said nothing, kept it to business

Oh yeah there is a Dad in the class too, bet it was his first time seeing that shit too lol

Lifedrawing is so fucking awesome, non-drawers will never understand. I have created a team of junkies :D :D Some of them are totally getting it, these are badass teens trying to get into animation schools they have skills and I am fast-tracking the fuck out of them. Super fun.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”