Power Rangers Legacy Wars: Street Fighter Showdown - Short Film

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Power Rangers Legacy Wars: Street Fighter Showdown - Short Film

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:44 pm

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:57 pm

My jiu jitsu coach was just talking yesterday how he was almost a power ranger. I remember that, he had a campaign asking people to vote for him etc... He was shortlisted down to 2 or 3 candidates to be one of the new power rangers, they were negotiating money and relocation to New Zealand etc. But someone else got the part.

He says he was super down about losing the role, they offered him like a million or something.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:43 am

Masato wrote:My jiu jitsu coach was just talking yesterday how he was almost a power ranger. I remember that, he had a campaign asking people to vote for him etc... He was shortlisted down to 2 or 3 candidates to be one of the new power rangers, they were negotiating money and relocation to New Zealand etc. But someone else got the part.

He says he was super down about losing the role, they offered him like a million or something.

- I can imagine how his career wold be diferent. Imagine the network and how that would expose his name and schools?
Power-Rangers has been a huge phenom since i was a kid!

Tommy is the coolest! :geek:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:12 pm

I never watched, lol

But yeah you can't help but wonder where he would be if he had gotten the role.

Now he has his own club growing well, a Conbrinha black belt, a beautiful wife and new daughter, and still scoring acting gigs on the side.

I suspect he's probably better off where he is. If he had got the role he would have signed himself up to be the show's bitch/slave as long as the show does well. He said they offered him a million$ but shit that goes fast if you have to buy a house in new Zealand etc. Plus he wouldn't get to train Jiu Jitsu a bet much, which he loves.

Money and fame imo are not always great. Self-governship and a stable home for family is worth a lot.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:18 am

The funny thing is Power Rangers was notorious for paying their actors shit back in the day. Pretty much everyone quit after one season besides Tommy. Maybe things are different now.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:22 pm

Luigi wrote:The funny thing is Power Rangers was notorious for paying their actors shit back in the day. Pretty much everyone quit after one season besides Tommy. Maybe things are different now.

- THey where a small franchise that used photage from the japanese original tokusatsu.I dont think they knew that would became a hit.
Funny thing is that the Kamen Rider franchise are the posterboys of Toei studios, the studio that licenses the super-sentais utilized on Power-rangers.

I used to love to watch Power Rangers, the fight choreografy, eventhe used onthe american versions, are so far superior to movies even from today. Im looking to you Christopher Nolan!

Return to “Anarchy Zone”