Russia attacks Ukraine

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
penxv

Re: Russia attacks Ukraine

Postby penxv » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:32 am

It'd be nice if the government employees could just keep all of the killing amongst themselves.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:08 am

Seeing reports of people in Ukraine saying Ukraine military bombing it's own people?something fucking shady is going on over there
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

penxv

Postby penxv » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:18 am

Post links, man. I want to see.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:15 am

Canuckster wrote:Seeing reports of people in Ukraine saying Ukraine military bombing it's own people?something fucking shady is going on over there

The eastern half of Ukraine is majority Russian in terms or ethnicity or linguistics. Entirely unsurprised this is basically becoming a civil war.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:29 pm

^^ Yes as I understand the areas in question used to be Russia... the people are russian, they speak russian and a large % of them actually want to be part of russia and are defecting against the Ukraine(/western infiltrated) govt.

Putin says he's coming to help these people, and that they support him. Ukrainian(/western infiltrated) govt is labelling them as rogue terrorist groups etc and treating them violently.

Apparently there are several neghboring areas around Russia with similar issues

I don't know how true or accurate that all is, but it sure reminds me of how Hitler supposedly went into Danzig to protect ethnic Germans from Bolshevism. Same situation, Danzig used to be German before Versailles Treaty, those people spoke German, Hitler supposedly went in to reclaim them and save them from communist takeovers. On the map it looked like he invaded Poland but really it was Communist Russia that had taken over these Germanic lands, and treated the german people there like shit. I've heard tales that they cheered and welcomed the Nazis when they arrived but of course I wasn't there

Debate me please on any of this, I'm fuzzy on all of it lol

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:17 pm

No need to debate, you've covered it nicely
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:46 pm

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:34 pm

198 civilians killed, 1,115 wounded in Russian invasion

Ukraine’s health minister said Saturday that 198 civilians, including three children, have been killed so far by Russian forces attacking the pro-Western country.

“Unfortunately, according to operative data, at the hands of the invaders we have 198 dead, including three children, 1,115 wounded, including 33 children,” Health Minister Viktor Lyashko wrote on Facebook.

Also, Polish Deputy Interior Minister Pawel Szefernaker on Saturday said 100,000 people have crossed the border into Poland from Ukraine since Russia’s invasion this week.

“From the onset of warfare in Ukraine through today, along the entire border with Ukraine, 100,000 people have crossed the border from Ukraine into Poland,” Szefernaker told reporters in the border village of Medyka, southeastern Poland.

https://punchng.com/ukraine-198-civilians-killed-1115-wounded-in-russian-invasion/

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:42 pm

Russia stripped of major events as invasion of Ukraine intensifies

By James Benge
Feb 25, 2022

Paris' Stade de France will host the 2022 Champions League final, which UEFA formally stripped from Russia on Friday morning.

The Krestovsky Stadium in Saint Petersburg was due to be the venue for May's showpiece fixture but the Russian invasion of Ukraine compelled European football's governing body to move the match, which will be played on the same date and time -- Saturday May 28, 3 p.m. ET -- as it was previously scheduled.

A statement from UEFA said: "The UEFA executive committee decided to relocate the final of the 2021-22 UEFA Men's Champions League from St Petersburg to Stade de France in St Denis. The game will be played as initially scheduled on Saturday May 28 at 2100 CET.

"UEFA wishes to express its thanks and appreciation to French Republic president Emmanuel Macron for his personal support and commitment to have European club football's most prestigious game moved to France at a time of unparalleled crisis."

Moving the match to France is particularly notable after the geopolitical events of recent days, in which Macron's attempts to arrange a political summit with Joe Biden and Russian president Vladimir Putin were swiftly bypassed as troops invaded Ukraine.

This will be the sixth occasion the greater Paris area has played host to Europe's biggest club game. The first European Cup final was one of three played at the Parc des Princes whilst the Stade de France, constructed for the 1998 World Cup, will be hosting its third final. In 2000 Real Madrid beat Valencia, six years later two late goals saw Barcelona pip Arsenal at the post.

UEFA also confirmed that Russian and Ukrainian club and national teams would be required to play their UEFA-organised home games at neutral venues until further notice. That will include Spartak Moscow, who are in the round of 16 draw for the Europa League, whilst both national sides are involved in the Nations League this summer.

Global governing body FIFA has yet to decide the status of next month's World Cup qualifying playoffs. Russia are due to host Poland and if they win that match would face Sweden or Czech Republic for a place at Qatar 2022. The football associations of all three countries released a statement on Thursday saying they did not want to travel to Russia.

Ukraine are due to play Scotland at Hampden Park, Glasgow, but their preparations will inevitably be disrupted by the postponement of their domestic league. FIFA president Gianni Infantino has said he hopes the conflict will be resolved in time for these games to take place.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/uefa-moving-champions-league-final-after-russias-invasion-of-ukraine-poland-wont-travel-for-wc-qualifier/

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:03 pm

Great 7 minutes straight from the horse's mouth:

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”