Its really weird that the absolute extreme of the left wing dominates Twitter

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Luigi

Its really weird that the absolute extreme of the left wing dominates Twitter

Postby Luigi » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:30 am

Went on twitter today to watch the Lebanon stuff and I see JP is trending, turns out that after his wife got cancer he began taking anti-depressants and they left his body weakened, and now he has Corona virus and his body isnt strong enough to fight it and he is continually getting worse. You click on the trending topic and its all people who are celebrating that this man is slowly dying and reciting (poor) talking points against him. I honestly feel gross reading a lot of it. I know theres a lot of people who are absolutely terrible but why is that 5% of society the dominant voice on this enormous social media company? There are moderate liberals who dislike JP saying "hey I agree but maybe just dont celebrate that he is dying" and they get swarmed and shut down by 10 rabid antifa weirdos. Crazy what technology and the personal bias of the owners can do to such a huge platform.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:23 pm

Luigi wrote:Went on twitter today to watch the Lebanon stuff and I see JP is trending, turns out that after his wife got cancer he began taking anti-depressants and they left his body weakened, and now he has Corona virus and his body isnt strong enough to fight it and he is continually getting worse. You click on the trending topic and its all people who are celebrating that this man is slowly dying and reciting (poor) talking points against him. I honestly feel gross reading a lot of it. I know theres a lot of people who are absolutely terrible but why is that 5% of society the dominant voice on this enormous social media company? There are moderate liberals who dislike JP saying "hey I agree but maybe just dont celebrate that he is dying" and they get swarmed and shut down by 10 rabid antifa weirdos. Crazy what technology and the personal bias of the owners can do to such a huge platform.

Twitter is bonkers, full of bots and censoring algorhythms, and imo is no accurate reflection of society whatsoever, lol

I used to love Twitter but saw it become inexplicably more and more polarized, the most inflated posts always jumping to the top, like it is designed to instigate fights or something

Now it's just a zoo. 90% of the posts are just riling people up, spreading hatred and anger in all directions, its like being in a cage of wild monkeys

JP was a key player in this agenda imo, not surprised they are using him again to stir the pot.

My personal Twitter feed is still mostly CT-heavy but that's from who I follow I guess. It's still nuts.

The hardcore leftists imo are clinically insane. Then they see a billion bots designed to feed their confirmation bias and triggered hatred, and you get what we are seeing in some places, lol

Twitter is dangerous, its not the wonderful tool it was 10 years ago. Not I think it is actually making people crazy if they cannot realize to separate twitter world from reality

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:09 pm

I never understood the economic model of the bot thing until recently, I always thought it was just a shitty form of advertising but the idea is that you have these bots that post messages of affirmation everywhere and 13 year old who feel lonely get a huge dopamine rush from it and slowly become addicted to it. Its another scary aspect of these private companies having full reign on the very medium of communitcation. I'm not sure how exactly they are used in relation to political biases but I can imagine theres a bit of tinkering going on.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:24 pm

I think there is much more than a 'bit of tinkering'...

Bots are used to create false illusions of popularity or false majorities, sway public opinion, or condition the public into thinking certain thinks, shaping our thought patterns and reactions.

Bots shame us when we think the 'wrong' thing, making us hesitant to think or post, while rewarding the 'right' things with the illusion of mass support etc.

Of course, the technique of bots is being used from many sources in many directions, from Dems vs Reps, to instigating racial divides, to simple corporate branding identities etc

It's a weapon on your mind. Beware, filter all social media appropriately I don't know how much of it anymore is honest or real.
Scary times. What was once thought to bring knowledge and enlightenment to the world (internet) has become its greatest deceiver.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:13 am

It's funny you know. I rarely see any of this far left wing stuff on there except video of them beating up senior citizens and torching buildings. In fact, they actually feed me a lot of far right stuff that I'm not really interested in. And tons of Arab stuff, I have been picking up Palestinian followers lately :)
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:20 am

And I have noticed that there is a disturbingly common belief that this 2020 globalist reset we're facing is Maoist and will spell the end of free speech, small business and property rights.
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:06 pm

Ive been thinking, I find it interesting that Luigi says his Twitter feed appears 'dominated' by left wing content, while mine feels like the exact opposite.

I am wondering if it possible that the basic algorhythm might be on a general level to categorize people left or right, and then feed them the appropriate content to inflate it, draw them deeper, while strategically demonizing the other. My Twitter feed is super heavy on the other side, if you scroll through you'd think the leftists are finished and that Trump is here to save the day and expose all the cabals etc etc.

But more and more its become even more absurdly extreme right, and whatever leftist posts pop up are increasingly also stupid and extreme, ripe targets for ridicule. All the top feeds are like this, extreme, extreme, extreme. I used to follow interesting people and semi-rational conversations etc but now its just mobs throwing stones.

Maybe the system targeted Luigi as a leftist, and is attempting to shape your perceptions that the majority is far left?

We must be wary, and teach our kids to understand NOT to mistake the world as seen on social media for the real mccoy.
This will be increasingly important, or else people will be sucked into paradigms and belief systems and won't know how to get out.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:13 am

^Could be, I am mostly there for fight stuff so maybe it didnt have much to categorize me on.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:45 am

Maybe Luigi is a spy.......
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:27 pm

You never know...

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”