Charlie Munger Confirms my Psy/Self-Help Guru Skepticism LOL funny

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
theraskal

Charlie Munger Confirms my Psy/Self-Help Guru Skepticism LOL funny

Postby theraskal » Tue May 07, 2024 6:04 pm

CHARLIE MUNGER: Oh. They had some crazy idea. For instance, my Latin teacher was maladjusted, but one who was a devoted follower of Sigmund Freud. And I recognized that Sigmund Freud was –when I first read him when I was in high school. And, of course, it was an odd little boy whose Latin teacher is teaching him Freud. But that was – she was peculiar and so was I. And, of course, when I read – I bought the complete writings of Sigmund Freud from the area library. It was one big book. And I went through it very laboriously. And I realized he was a goddamn lunatic.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/30/full-tr ... h%20school.

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Tue May 07, 2024 8:24 pm

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Tue May 07, 2024 8:31 pm

BECKY QUICK: Let’s talk about Benjamin Franklin......And he was a prodigy. And he trained himself in lots of different disciplines....you started modeling yourself after some of the things he.....

CHARLIE MUNGER:

he was a prodigy......Well, and he self-trained himself with, like, two years of grade school education. This is a very remarkable thing. And when he found late in life that he needed something like algebra, he went back, and pulled out the textbook, and taught himself algebra.....He was a very much a self-educated man. And that was a very much an interesting story for that reason. How could a man who taught himself everything, you know, like Latin, and it was just how could a man like that go into so many different fields and be the top guy in the whole country? And weren’t we lucky to have him?

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/30/full-tr ... h%20school

Return to “Anarchy Zone”