How many of you over 40 males pack on muscle easily?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

Re: How many of you over 40 males pack on muscle easily?

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:06 am

Struck a nerve eh? lolzzz

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:30 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Struck a nerve eh? lolzzz

It only took like 400 posts lol

See if you can do it in less next time :D

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:12 am

Jesus Christ.

White people so lame..

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:22 pm

Been in lockdown since early january. So haven't been to BJJ at all, so basically just lifting every day now at my home gym. Getting jacked as fuck at 50.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:29 pm

Masato wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Masato wrote:
Convincing!

Where do you suggest I start? Pushups??

PS: I'm serious. That was convincing. MyItalian neighbor is over 70 and is jacked/looks indestructable doing hard yard work all the time.
I know shit about weight training.

Thanks.

It amazes me that people need scientific bullshit to tell them this shit, if you see two oak trees of the same age and one is withering away with a skinny trunk and branches and its counterpart is mighty, thick, solid, tight which would you imagine would live longer?

Two older lions, one is jacked still and the other is built like an aids infected meth with late stage cancer, who is going to live longer.

Without knowing much about you like age but assuming youre over 40 since you clicked on this id say start with a VERY high protein diet based on animal proteins and learn to squat, deadlift, overhead press, bench press and bent over row while following a linear progression program to start with which means a program that sees you adding weight to the bar each trainning cycle EG each week if you like.

Once you stall on that IE cant add weight to the bar anymore then try a prediodized program like say a 5/3/1 varianrt (not what I do), actually fuck that once you get to that stage you wont need it explained to you so just start with the first one.

Eat protein with every meal and wash it down with milk, add a protein shake post workout. Our bodies get very inefficent at muscle proetin synthesis as we age since we are in die mode so you got to saturate the cunt with protein. Meat, fish, eggs (fuckton), milk plus some veggies its not that hard

Thanks!

Its not the scientific bullshit, lol

Its' being 46 and noticing a significant drop in energy/output. I'm not skinny but also not jacked, pretty good health but wondering if I should change my gameplan from here on.
Some big trees fall over after a storm, and the thinner ones survive :D
I think lots of slim but fit/strong people live well into old age, but for sure you have a point.

Life just so damn busy yo, I have to work so hard just to make it to BJJ already lol

We have weights in my garage, as soon as its not freezing in there maybe I'll start taking more time for this stuff.

Thanks Vutu

Start lifting heavy bro. At 46, strength and conditioning becomes just as important as rolling. I was rolling 3x a week, and lifting 2-3 x a week before lockdown. Now I'm lifting 5x a week. Miss the rolling tho.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:57 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Masato wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

It amazes me that people need scientific bullshit to tell them this shit, if you see two oak trees of the same age and one is withering away with a skinny trunk and branches and its counterpart is mighty, thick, solid, tight which would you imagine would live longer?

Two older lions, one is jacked still and the other is built like an aids infected meth with late stage cancer, who is going to live longer.

Without knowing much about you like age but assuming youre over 40 since you clicked on this id say start with a VERY high protein diet based on animal proteins and learn to squat, deadlift, overhead press, bench press and bent over row while following a linear progression program to start with which means a program that sees you adding weight to the bar each trainning cycle EG each week if you like.

Once you stall on that IE cant add weight to the bar anymore then try a prediodized program like say a 5/3/1 varianrt (not what I do), actually fuck that once you get to that stage you wont need it explained to you so just start with the first one.

Eat protein with every meal and wash it down with milk, add a protein shake post workout. Our bodies get very inefficent at muscle proetin synthesis as we age since we are in die mode so you got to saturate the cunt with protein. Meat, fish, eggs (fuckton), milk plus some veggies its not that hard

Thanks!

Its' being 46 and noticing a significant drop in energy/output. I'm not skinny but also not jacked, pretty good health but wondering if I should change my gameplan from here on.
I think lots of slim but fit/strong people live well into old age, but for sure you have a point.

Life just so damn busy yo, I have to work so hard just to make it to BJJ already lol

We have weights in my garage, as soon as its not freezing in there maybe I'll start taking more time for this stuff.

Thanks Vutu

Start lifting heavy bro. At 46, strength and conditioning becomes just as important as rolling. I was rolling 3x a week, and lifting 2-3 x a week before lockdown. Now I'm lifting 5x a week. Miss the rolling tho.

Youre built for lifting with your short stumpy limbs, ability to process carbs almost too well and slanty lizard eyes that allow you to position yourself under the bar with reeptilian like acuracy

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:49 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Masato wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks Vutu

I'm rolling 2-3x a week but no lifting.

My daughter wants me to come to her gym, I may go

Thanks guys I think you're right

Are you really still in lockdown? What are the current covid restrictions/general opinions/behaviours there? Would love some inside scoop of how covid stuff is currently going on in Hong Kong. Are you using vax QR codes? etc

Do you still keep in touch with Winnson?

See ya DB

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:08 pm

Masato wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:
Masato wrote:
Thanks!

Thanks Vutu

I'm rolling 2-3x a week but no lifting.

My daughter wants me to come to her gym, I may go

Thanks guys I think you're right

Are you really still in lockdown? What are the current covid restrictions/general opinions/behaviours there? Would love some inside scoop of how covid stuff is currently going on in Hong Kong. Are you using vax QR codes? etc

Do you still keep in touch with Winnson?

See ya DB

If yu're rolling 2-3x a week, then start off with 2x lifting a week. Full body workouts. One centered around squats. The other centered around deadlifts. And do the lifts Vutu mentioned. Those are all compound movements that works multiple muscle groups.

*Edit: also follow "Live Anabolic" on youtube. 2 old fucks giving workout tips to old fucks like us. :lol:

Yeah stupid government here is stupid. Zero covid strategy while the rest of the world is opening back up. we don't have the QR codes. We hve this app that you have to check in with every time you go into certain places like restaurants. You can link your vax record to it but I'm not vaxed.

Spoke with Winnson last month. Haven't heard from him since the start of the plandemic. He's alive and still in HK!

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:30 am

Winnie is probs selling beers out of a cooler outside the local 711 like his mamasan told him to. Bet he misses good ole Asbestos Canada

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:47 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:
Masato wrote:
Thanks!

Thanks Vutu

Youre built for lifting with your short stumpy limbs, ability to process carbs almost too well and slanty lizard eyes that allow you to position yourself under the bar with reeptilian like acuracy

Bar positioning is tricky. Had to reposition myself every single set today for squats.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”