How many of you over 40 males pack on muscle easily?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

Re: How many of you over 40 males pack on muscle easily?

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:52 am

Som-Pong wrote:Taking a shit then off to the gym.

Good to hear. What are you training?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:12 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Masato wrote:
Canuckster wrote:Only the gays use tape measures

LOL this

Honestly I have never really tried to 'pack on muscle', like ever. I just try to stay healthy/fit, and am confident/happy enough in my own skin to not have to worry about my looks or attracting a mate or tryin to look intimidating or whatever other reasons to get jacked up

To each their own, I'm sure its a rush and probably feels great I'm just too lazy I guess lol

If nothing else

Conclusions: Low muscle strength was independently associated with elevated risk of all-cause mortality, regardless of muscle mass, metabolic syndrome, sedentary time, or LTPA among US older adults, indicating the importance of muscle strength in predicting aging-related health outcomes in older adults.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5820209/

Convincing!

Where do you suggest I start? Pushups??

PS: I'm serious. That was convincing. MyItalian neighbor is over 70 and is jacked/looks indestructable doing hard yard work all the time.
I know shit about weight training.

Thanks.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:40 am

Masato wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Masato wrote:
LOL this

Honestly I have never really tried to 'pack on muscle', like ever. I just try to stay healthy/fit, and am confident/happy enough in my own skin to not have to worry about my looks or attracting a mate or tryin to look intimidating or whatever other reasons to get jacked up

To each their own, I'm sure its a rush and probably feels great I'm just too lazy I guess lol

If nothing else

Conclusions: Low muscle strength was independently associated with elevated risk of all-cause mortality, regardless of muscle mass, metabolic syndrome, sedentary time, or LTPA among US older adults, indicating the importance of muscle strength in predicting aging-related health outcomes in older adults.

Convincing!

PS: I'm serious. That was convincing. MyItalian neighbor is over 70 and is jacked/looks indestructable doing hard yard work all the time.

Thanks.

It amazes me that people need scientific bullshit to tell them this shit, if you see two oak trees of the same age and one is withering away with a skinny trunk and branches and its counterpart is mighty, thick, solid, tight which would you imagine would live longer?

Two older lions, one is jacked still and the other is built like an aids infected meth with late stage cancer, who is going to live longer.

Without knowing much about you like age but assuming youre over 40 since you clicked on this id say start with a VERY high protein diet based on animal proteins and learn to squat, deadlift, overhead press, bench press and bent over row while following a linear progression program to start with which means a program that sees you adding weight to the bar each trainning cycle EG each week if you like.

Once you stall on that IE cant add weight to the bar anymore then try a prediodized program like say a 5/3/1 varianrt (not what I do), actually fuck that once you get to that stage you wont need it explained to you so just start with the first one.

Eat protein with every meal and wash it down with milk, add a protein shake post workout. Our bodies get very inefficent at muscle proetin synthesis as we age since we are in die mode so you got to saturate the cunt with protein. Meat, fish, eggs (fuckton), milk plus some veggies its not that hard

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:57 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Som-Pong wrote:Taking a shit then off to the gym.

Good to hear. What are you training?

Stronglifts 5x5 today was squats, bench and row. With chin-ups.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:46 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Masato wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

If nothing else

Convincing!

Thanks.

It amazes me that people need scientific bullshit to tell them this shit, if you see two oak trees of the same age and one is withering away with a skinny trunk and branches and its counterpart is mighty, thick, solid, tight which would you imagine would live longer?

Two older lions, one is jacked still and the other is built like an aids infected meth with late stage cancer, who is going to live longer.

Without knowing much about you like age but assuming youre over 40 since you clicked on this id say start with a VERY high protein diet based on animal proteins and learn to squat, deadlift, overhead press, bench press and bent over row while following a linear progression program to start with which means a program that sees you adding weight to the bar each trainning cycle EG each week if you like.

Once you stall on that IE cant add weight to the bar anymore then try a prediodized program like say a 5/3/1 varianrt (not what I do), actually fuck that once you get to that stage you wont need it explained to you so just start with the first one.

Eat protein with every meal and wash it down with milk, add a protein shake post workout. Our bodies get very inefficent at muscle proetin synthesis as we age since we are in die mode so you got to saturate the cunt with protein. Meat, fish, eggs (fuckton), milk plus some veggies its not that hard

Thanks!

Its not the scientific bullshit, lol

Its' being 46 and noticing a significant drop in energy/output. I'm not skinny but also not jacked, pretty good health but wondering if I should change my gameplan from here on.
Some big trees fall over after a storm, and the thinner ones survive :D
I think lots of slim but fit/strong people live well into old age, but for sure you have a point.

Life just so damn busy yo, I have to work so hard just to make it to BJJ already lol

We have weights in my garage, as soon as its not freezing in there maybe I'll start taking more time for this stuff.

Thanks Vutu

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:07 am

You wont do shit, stop kidding yourself.

Probably cost $10 per week to join a 24 hour gym a block from your place right now and you wont join cause youre not that interested which is fine just dont waste my time.

I went down to Lod which is 20 mins out of Tel Aviv today to buy some weed and wore a star of David wife beater and the local Arab goons wouldnt evenmake eye contact with me. Thats fucking power.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:11 am

What are your lifts?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:21 pm

Vutulaki wrote:You wont do shit, stop kidding yourself.

Probably cost $10 per week to join a 24 hour gym a block from your place right now and you wont join cause youre not that interested which is fine just dont waste my time.

I went down to Lod which is 20 mins out of Tel Aviv today to buy some weed and wore a star of David wife beater and the local Arab goons wouldnt evenmake eye contact with me. Thats fucking power.

Show Pics of your 18" biceps and your superior muscled physique and maybe someone will take you seriously.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:10 am

B0756DC3-B3C4-4881-87F7-28F638355349.jpeg
B0756DC3-B3C4-4881-87F7-28F638355349.jpeg (28.64 KiB) Viewed 2313 times
Attachments
4841AAFB-9927-4624-9633-EF077CB42526.jpeg
4841AAFB-9927-4624-9633-EF077CB42526.jpeg (529.39 KiB) Viewed 2313 times

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:23 am

Nice, lol
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”