Did Seafaring Chinese Visit the Americas?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Megaterio Llamas

Did Seafaring Chinese Visit the Americas?

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:15 am

'The similarity of Chinese-Olmec mythology and symbolism has been the subject of scholarly debate for over one hundred years. It is perhaps no coincidence that the Olmec culture appears around 1500 BC during the beginning of the Shang Dynasty, and the first written history of China begins. It was the start of the Bronze Age resulting in ornate bronze works of art, bronze chariots and weaponry. The first Chinese script appears at this time along with extensive irrigation systems and other public works projects, all indicators of a sophisticated and advanced culture.

It was also a time in Chinese culture when Jade was more valuable than gold, and likewise with the Olmec elite who had Jade deposits located in now Honduras and Guatemala. It may not be coincidental the Olmec, during their Middle Formative period (900-300 BC), mastered the difficulties of shaping and drilling Jade (a stone so hard that it cannot be worked with steel tools), with abrasive materials into small ornamental and votive pieces. The similarities of Chinese-Olmec art is quite telling and for those interested, an excellent comparison is presented in Art and Ritual in Early Chinese and Mesoamerican Cultures , Santiago Gonzalez Villajos, 2009.

The likely introduction of Chinese concepts of rulership and a stratified society, along with their religion and symbolism no doubt altered the Olmec and later Mesoamerican groups. It was an event that would be repeated in the 16 th century when Spanish Friars waded ashore carrying the cross of Christianity."

https://www.ancient-origins.net/artifact...ord-020406
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:25 am

The Salishan tribes of the upper Fraser River valley displayed an affinity for the Chinese workers in the railroad building and gold rush days and many a wayward Chinamen found refuge among these tribes in the 19th century here in British Columbia. The oral traditions of some tribes include contact legends with Chinese sailors. Hawaiians established settlements and mixed with Chinese and native populations in this period in BC as well.
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:33 am

China siwash kahpho mamook puk puk solleks kingchautshmen.
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:54 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:The Salishan tribes of the upper Fraser River valley displayed an affinity for the Chinese workers in the railroad building and gold rush days and many a wayward Chinamen found refuge among these tribes in the 19th century here in British Columbia. The oral traditions of some tribes include contact legends with Chinese sailors. Hawaiians established settlements and mixed with Chinese and native populations in this period in BC as well.

That's badass. BC to me is full of magic I love to hear all the legends. The Chinese workers history of BC is super fascinating. My grandfather used to tell me stories as he moved from Saskatchewan to Powell River for work. He had likely never seen asians before but met them on the Sunshine Coast as they also came for work. It was clear that his generation was not as conditioned to be integrated as in 2021, but he would always give them credit for being hard workers, most times the hardest workers on a crew.

Anyways many great lost tales I'm sure. That always makes me sad, lol that such adventures can be lost in the wind with time

Megaterio Llamas wrote:China siwash kahpho mamook puk puk solleks kingchautshmen.

What's this? I recognize the word siwash but nothing else :D
My father got arrested for climbing siwash

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:57 pm

It's Chinook. Siwash means Indian. Kingchautshman - Englishman, Kanaka - Hawaiian, Boston - American, mesachie - asshole, skookum - tough guy etc. Chinook was the common trade language among whites and Indians alike in the Pacific Northwest and lasted into the twentieth century in some regions of BC like Kamloops. Even when I was a kid BC English was littered with Chinook words like skookum, saltchuck, muckamuck etc.
el rey del mambo

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:27 am

Mega youre a junkie POS

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:06 am

Mesachie

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:43 am

Vutulaki wrote:Mega youre a junkie POS

My drug of choice was actually cocaine back in those days. You really are beyond redemption aren't vou.
el rey del mambo

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat May 01, 2021 12:28 am

jankso !

Return to “Anarchy Zone”