Megaterio Llamas's Jukebox/karaoke bar thread.

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Anti D

Flatus Fowler's Jukebox/karaoke bar thread.

Postby Anti D » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:45 am

Diet Butcher wrote:Of course I heard of Eek-A-Mouse. Very distinct vocals on that dude. This is what I listened to predominantly in the early 90s... in between my 80s funk and new wave phase and my later house/techno phase. I wasn't feeling 90s RnB at the time and I thought this was much more soulful and danceable to Jodeci or whoever was huge at the time. Plus, this is the PERFECT music to grind up on strange chicks in clubs ;)

Yes sir you never make me mad...........................or even disappoint! Yeah I had a friend turn me onto to eek a mouse a few years ago. There were a few other cats that I can not for the life of me remember. Oh snap It just came back! Tenor Saw!

Didn't he die real young as well? I need to pull out one of my old hard drives. I have a bunch of stuff on those I really don't listen to that much anymore.

From Shy FX essential Mix and label. Not a fan of everyting but always good fun party music.

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:49 am

I feel about the grinding up against strange girls. 8-) You should try it when they actually want you to do it and are not saying stop. ;)

the music we had was a little different here in South Florida though. Will show a couple examples in a minute.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:55 am

Had NO idea Skrillex did some reggae. That guy apparently is quite diverse... heard he played guitar in a band before he started DJing. I'm surprised. Fucking Skrillex?

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:00 am

Diet Butcher wrote:Of course I heard of Eek-A-Mouse. Very distinct vocals on that dude. This is what I listened to predominantly in the early 90s, with Madchester and Acid House... in between my 80s funk and new wave phase and my later edm phase. I wasn't feeling 90s RnB at the time and I thought this was much more soulful and danceable to Jodeci or whoever was huge at the time. Plus, this is the PERFECT music to grind up on strange chicks in clubs ;)

excellent track. Never heard of those dudes at all............BUT I LIKE IT!

Just like how people always classify everything as "Techno" here in America the same mistake is made with classifying Reggae as all the same stuff when there are actually many different styles.

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:08 am

Had NO idea Skrillex did some reggae. That guy apparently is quite diverse... heard he played guitar in a band before he started DJing. I'm surprised. Fucking Skrillex?

I see that is a remix, Have you ever heard the original? I have not myself just asking.

Yeah that Sunny dude actually seems like a real nice guy. It's a shame he gets the heat he does but that just comes along with the territory of being as famous as he is now.

His road to success using that bastardized American version of dubstep really alienated a lot of people especially in THE UK who created the genre and saw him as the one of the main people responsible for killing it. It's for the best because many of those artist are making some of the best Techno on the scene right now incorporating UK influences.

He is actually trying alot of different things recently and has a lot of respect and knows his EDM history. Personally I hate his music with a passion and think it give it a bad name but at the same time he might be creating a whole new generation of fans.

Everyone has to have an entry point somewhere.

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:14 am

This was the track playing back in 1996 when I finally got to second base with mary jane rottencrotch.

Bass music was HUGE in the mid 90's here in South Florida. much more on this later.

* somewhere daglord is like.......You have time for this shit but still have not listened to the bad ass Ministry stuff I recommended? I'm not mad...............JUST DISAPPOINTED! *

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:55 am

case in point an artist like Kowton who started out in the dubstep scene around 1996. i can about 20 others at least that followed the same route. check out all of the Hessle Audio label

Excellent boiler room across the board here from Dekmantel. really want to have sexual relations with the chick in the gray shirt.

Very eclectic track that sounds like it would be perfect soundtrack for a K Hole with Michael Smith on Vocals that comes in at 7 min on the set.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:03 pm

I'm gonna send him to outta space, find another race...

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:11 pm

speaking of sending someone to outta space................Might do that to myself today if I play my cards right. Might even have a nice hate fuck with the ex girlfriend. 8-)

I think these guys might have swagger jacked from that song D money!!!!!! Boy i remember this track from back in the day! the hard house beat sounds dated but give it a minute you impatient bastard!

15 years ago! Eating "beans" and hitting up Wild Side, Cheetah, Diamonds and maybe even a few of the clubs on Clematis. 8-)

* THE PING PONG BALL IS IN YOUR COURT D MONEY *

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:57 pm

You know it's summer when...

Return to “Anarchy Zone”