Alexander Gustafsson vs. Anthony Smith slated to headline UFC Stockholm

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Anthony Smith slated to headline UFC Stockholm

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:15 pm

By Jose Youngs @JoseYoungs Mar 9, 2019

A battle between a pair of former light heavyweight title challengers is heading to Sweden.

On Saturday afternoon, MMAFighting confirmed an initial report from ESPN that Alexander Gustafsson and Anthony Smith have verbally agreed to fight in the main event of UFC Stockholm on June 1.

Gustafsson (18-5) will be looking to right the ship after being finished by reigning light heavyweight Jon Jones during their rematch at UFC 232 in December. Prior to this, fans saw “The Mauler” starch Glover Teixeira early in the fifth round of their main event fight during the UFC’s last visit to Sweden in 2017.

To date, Gustafsson has finished 14 of his 18 career wins, including 11 by way of (T)KO.

Smith (31-14) is coming off his own loss to Jones at UFC 235 earlier this month. The man known as “Lionheart” earned his shot at Jones’ title after rattling off three straight stoppage wins over former champions Rashad Evans and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua as well as former title challenger Volkan Oezdemir.

To date, Smith has finished 28 of his 31 career wins, including 17 by (T)KO.

UFC Stockholm is currently slated to go down on June 1 inside Ericsson Globe. No other bouts have been made official.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/3/9/18258031/alexander-gustafsson-vs-anthony-smith-slated-to-headline-ufc-stockholm
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”