Fight calendar and discussion

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Canuckster

Re: Fight calendar and discussion

Postby Canuckster » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:05 pm

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:35 pm

King Mo vs. Liam McGeary re-booked for Bellator 211 in Hawaii

By Nick Baldwin @NickBaldwinMMA Sep 18, 2018

An important light heavyweight bout has been added to Bellator’s first trip to Hawaii.

Muhammed Lawal will meet former promotional champion Liam McGeary at the event, Bellator president Scott Coker announced Monday on Twitter.

Lawal and McGeary were expected to square off at Bellator 185 last October, but “King Mo” was forced out of the bout due to an injury.

Lawal is coming off a 15-second knockout loss to current 205-pound champ Ryan Bader in the opening round of Bellator’s ongoing heavyweight grand prix. Before that, the former Rizin FF heavyweight grand prix champion hadn’t fought since March 2017, when he beat Quinton Jackson in a rematch.

Most recently, McGeary fell to rising contender Vadim Nemkov via third-round TKO at Bellator 194 earlier this year. Riding a two-fight skid, the Brit hasn’t won since a February 2017 doctor’s stoppage TKO of Brett McDermott. McGeary is 1-3 in his last four outings.

Bellator 211 takes place Dec. 15 at Neal S. Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, Hawaii. In the main event, women’s flyweight champion Ilima-Lei Macfarlane defends her belt against UFC veteran Valerie Letourneau. Also on the card, former UFC champ Lyoto Machida makes his Bellator debut against former middleweight titleholder Rafael Carvalho.

Source: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/9/18/17872128/king-mo-vs-liam-mcgeary-announced-bellator-211-hawaii-light-heavyweight-mma-news
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”