Khabib Cartoon

Postby Masato » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:37 pm

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:40 pm

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:43 pm

So is anyone else hyped for this weekend's Khabib fight??

I think I am. Was watching some Khabib stuff, buildup to the Conor fight, maulings prior etc etc stuff filmed in Dagestan.

He's what, 25-0 now?

Pretty interesting.

Gaethje looks scary but I think Fergusson became a punching bag half way through that fight. Gaethje saus he's been wrestling since he was a kid too like Khabib. Groundfight will be interesting.

I think I'll watch if the night doesn't get hijacked

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:47 pm

Masato wrote:So is anyone else hyped for this weekend's Khabib fight??

I think I am. Was watching some Khabib stuff, buildup to the Conor fight, maulings prior etc etc stuff filmed in Dagestan.

He's what, 25-0 now?

Pretty interesting.

Gaethje looks scary but I think Fergusson became a punching bag half way through that fight. Gaethje saus he's been wrestling since he was a kid too like Khabib. Groundfight will be interesting.

- HOw is Gaethje grappling?
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:47 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Masato wrote:So is anyone else hyped for this weekend's Khabib fight??

He's what, 25-0 now?

Pretty interesting.

- HOw is Gaethje grappling?

He's been american wrestling his whole life. Don't know how that compares to Dagestani wrestling.

I wanna see

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:24 am

Masato wrote:
He's been american wrestling his whole life. Don't know how that compares to Dagestani wrestling.

I wanna see

- I know he wrestled. BUt i tought was something like 4 years and stopped and got to mma.I dont know much about his submission.
The fights i saw of him where great. but takes a great deal of punishment.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:00 am

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:04 am

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:30 pm

[spoiler]
Wow, Khabib wrecked him. Like easily.

:shock:

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:03 pm

The 32-year-old Dagestan native dropped to the canvas after his win and wept uncontrollably. As he fought back tears, he explained his reason for hanging up his gloves after his teammates cut them off and he placed them on the floor.

Here is Nurmagomedov’s full retirement statement:

“Thank you for these guys, these guys with me, been with my father for more than 10 years. All my team, AKA with coach Javier, I love him so much, all my team. Today, I want to say, this was my last fight. No way am I going to come here without my father. It was first time, after what happened with my father, when UFC called me about Justin. I talk with my mother three days, she don’t want that I go fight without father. I promised her, it’s going to be my last fight, and if I give my word, I have to follow this. It was my last fight here.

“I know only one thing I want from UFC, you guys have to be me on No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world, because I deserve this. UFC undisputed, undefeated lightweight champion, 13-0, 13 in UFC, 29 in all pro MMA career. I think I deserve it. One more thing, I want to say thank you Lorenzo Fertitta, thank you Dana, Hunter, all guys. Thank you so much, and of course I don’t forget about Joe Silva who signed me here in UFC. Joe Silva, thank you. All this UFC team, everybody around the world, this whole pandemic stuff, they are doing great show. Thank you so much Justin. Justin, 2016 I remember when I cut weight, you helped me a lot. Thank you brother. I know you are a great man, I know how you take care of your people. I know a lot of things about of you, because of your parents, because one day, it’s going to happen something. You never know what is going to happen tomorrow, you never know.”

Nurmagomedov’s exit from the sport leaves the UFC with some hard decisions to make. Gaethje, Dustin Poirier, Tony Ferguson, Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler are all gunning for the No. 1 spot. So far, only Poirier and McGregor are loosely tied to a matchup on Jan. 23, but that could change now that the belt is up for grabs.

As far as competition for the pound-for-pound No. 1 spot, many fighters believe the lightweight champ locked up the top spot on Saturday. When it comes to the sport’s GOAT, Nurmagomedov’s run is up against all-time greats Georges St-Pierre and Jon Jones.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/10/24/21532321/khabib-nurmagomedov-pays-tribute-to-father-after-emotional-ufc-254-win

Return to “Super Dojo”