Old, now forgotten video-games

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Luigi

Re: Old, now forgotten video-games

Postby Luigi » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:45 pm

Masato wrote:

TOOBIN was fun as hell, lol I remember playing that in the arcades :D

Over the weekend I found a cool retro arcade bar in Barrie that had all the classics. It was tons of fun. I paid for 1 hour and it felt like 15 mins. Hopefully I can convince my friends to head up some time to have some beers and play some games. There is an arcade bar in Toronto too but I havent checked it out yet. I think Hamilton has 1 too but Im never in Hamilton anymore.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:03 am

I tried doing Pulstar difficulty 3 in one sitting. After 72 credits I quit halfway thru stage 6. Its so tiring to have to focus 100% of the time or die. I give up on this challenge for now but I will still try to do stages 6, 7, and 8 in 1 sitting.

I am also training to 1CC Blazing Star. I have done every level without dying except the last level, which is actually just a giant boss fight that has 5 forms. I have done 4/5 without dying but one of the forms has this crazy laser pinwheel attack that seems to be based on RNG so I havent been able to develop a consistent strategy. So probably I will have to dodge it ~15 times based purely on god-like reflexes which sucks. I cant complain too much though because about 60% of the game is extremely forgiving.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:51 am

Masato wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:
Som-Pong wrote:Anyone played the new ufc game?

- Its good?

Toobin

My son and all his pals are recently hooked on some game on their phone that looks like shit but they say its really fun.

I wonder if even at their age/generation that they might enjoy some of these old games/systems better than the new shit.

- Probably not. BUt when they grow older, they will see amazing, was a game about two guys floating on a river.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:54 am

Luigi wrote:
Masato wrote:

Over the weekend I found a cool retro arcade bar in Barrie that had all the classics. It was tons of fun. I paid for 1 hour and it felt like 15 mins. Hopefully I can convince my friends to head up some time to have some beers and play some games. There is an arcade bar in Toronto too but I havent checked it out yet. I think Hamilton has 1 too but Im never in Hamilton anymore.

- I havent touched a arcade in 15 years or so! :o
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:44 am

cant you get covid in them arcaedes? im not going near that.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:37 am

They follow you around with lysol wipes wiping everything you touch. Also I really doubt I havent gotten covid yet. Its extremely contagious and most people in my social groups are young enough to have only mild symptoms.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:45 am

I just used 92 more credits on Pulstar. to show for it I beat stage 6, I beat stage 7, I got to the final boss, and lost about 12 credits on him before giving up because I have to wake up for work in a few hours. So in total 164 credits to get to the last boss on difficulty 3. Sometimes I question my sanity. I will finish it tomorrow.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:11 am

Aaand 16 credits to finish off the evil bastard. I am officially done with Pulstar unless Im playing with friends or trying out the cheat mode. 180 total credits to finish difficulty 3, even though I had done it once before and done it on easier difficulties 4 other times. I think it just might be harder than Battletoads, especially if you consider the MVS cabs use difficulty 4 as their default.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:05 am

Did you record a playthrough?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”