What do you guys think of Jordan Peterson?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: What do you guys think of Jordan Peterson?

Postby Masato » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:58 am

Som-Pong wrote:It’s odd how the bourgeois never seem to learn.
I’m liberal.

how would you define 'liberal' ?

In Canada our political parties are literally 'Liberals' and 'Conservatives', so whatever those words might have once meant is now psychologically wrapped up in whatever these parties do. I guess its the same with Reps and Dems.

mass confusion

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:19 am

seems to make sense that we may be wise enough to govern ourselves, to decide our own choices and morals... but who is wise enough to decide for anyone else? Lives are so diverse, who dares set the rules and morals for everyone?

Who can possibly fill those shoes?

Peterson says how can you trust anyone who doesn't have their own house in order, to make decisions for the world?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:22 am

Masato wrote:
I’m liberal.

In Canada our political parties are literally 'Liberals' and 'Conservatives', so whatever those words might have once meant is now psychologically wrapped up in whatever these parties do. I guess its the same with Reps and Dems.

mass confusion

I’m free.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:23 am

Masato wrote:
I’m liberal.

mass confusion

huh?

splain again please.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:43 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Masato wrote:
I’m liberal.

mass confusion

huh?

splain again please.

The words 'liberal, conservative, democrat, republican' are all very specific political terms, yet not accurately represented by the parties of the same names. So the words have their meanings scrambled up, we can't use them in a discussion anymore because the parties are confused with the concepts

When Som says he's a 'liberal', does that mean he's all on Justin Trudeau's nuts? for example. In Canada that's what people would think you mean

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:18 am

That’s the power of words. There’s a reason for using dead languages.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:35 am

Masato wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Masato wrote:

mass confusion

huh?

splain again please.

The words 'liberal, conservative, democrat, republican' are all very specific political terms, yet not accurately represented by the parties of the same names. So the words have their meanings scrambled up, we can't use them in a discussion anymore because the parties are confused with the concepts

When Som says he's a 'liberal', does that mean he's all on Justin Trudeau's nuts? for example. In Canada that's what people would think you mean

democrats are liberal (left)
republicans conservative (right)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:35 pm

Yes lol

I’m just saying that at least in Canada, I don’t find the liberal party to be very liberal. All the parties seem to be morphing towards increasingly totalitarian structures. I suppose Trump’s schtick could be considered traditionally conservative, but is he really?

I dunno, these words have lost much of their meaning to me. Hope folks can get back to the root ideas of the questions, maybe use different words would

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:39 pm

One more weird oddity - in Canada the right/Conservative party is blue, left liberal is red. In the USA it’s opposite

I read some theory once that the use of red & blue is a mind trick, as they activate both passive and aggressive sides of us at the same time, causing a mild confusion in us. Theory suggested that’s why police lights flash red and blue, it actually kind of freezes us up and we can’t decide which way to respond.

The fact that red and blue are reversed in Canada and USA makes me wonder again about the theory.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:05 pm

Lots of nigger talk. Should probably ban Vutu

Return to “Anarchy Zone”