Mask messages idea thread

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Canuckster

Mask messages idea thread

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:13 pm

Hey guys, I've ordered a couple of reusable, washable masks with some they live style messages on them, I hope they come in soon.

Masato and I were talking the other day about some messages we could arrange to get put on them.

Also masato, remind me to get you the material I have a bag at home for your mother in law.

Let me start:

"My body, not my choice"
"The CDC studies say these don't work"
"The mask is a lie"

I had more but my brain is running on lack of sleep lately, I'll add more later, please add some others
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:33 pm

Good thread. Been wondering about how to effectively exercise some mild civil disobedience without making situations worse

Do you find any semantic difference between these 2 slogans?:

Not My Choice

Not By Choice

I made a crappy mask today cuz I needed to go in some stores, got hung up on what the difference might be for subconscious perception.

Words are powerful, the whole situation is proof that we are susceptible to propaganda and word-play, so for sure it can have an effect the other way too

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:37 pm

My wife initially wanted;

'Sorry, not my choice'

I thought it was better without the Sorry, but now I'm wondering if she was right. I should trust her more, lol

I am trying to find something that gets the message across without provoking or agitating people too much, or accusing store owners or the poor minimum wage cashiers for making me wear it. For instance most store owners here I would bet are not keen on the rule either, so how can I have a civil exchange with them while projecting a potentially instigating message?

Looking for a way to do it peacefully, respectfully.
'Sorry, not my choice' is actually not bad

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:40 pm

I think either of them convey pretty much the same message, one alludes to a personal choice, whereby the other points to a more broader social choice that you were forced to take. While it should be obvious what the choice you were forced to take actually was, there are a lot of dummies out there that wouldn't get it.

For myself, I wouldn't put sorry on it, it means you're apologetic for something, which I don't think the message should be,
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:42 pm

I'm not Gandhi and I have no intention of using passive resistance in an effort to convey a message, I think that would work for most people if you were some kind of public martyr.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:49 pm

I am a big fan of store owners setting their own policies. I think if you go in someone else's store you don't get to call the shots it's their store take it or leave it. They can serve who they want, set their own rules it's their place. This relates to a lot of different issues.

In this case, if the store owners feel forced/threatened to go along with it, and I want to go in there to buy some of their stuff, I am complying with the store owner more directly than I am with government. They can get fines too for someone inside not complying.

So in a weird way if the store owner wants me to wear a mask I am finding myself respecting that, even though I think it's big bullshit. My problem is with those at the root of all this mess, not with the local folk who work in these stores who may very likely agree with me, etc

If that makes any sense, lol

The worst part is that the lines are blurred now. Just because a store is enforcing masks doesn't even necessarily mean they are in support of it, they are just trying to stay in business. Just because a customer is wearing a mask doesn't necessarily mean they are in support of it, they just need to buy some stuff.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:49 pm

Sheep

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:34 pm

Who needs cops when they shut off your social credit right? Is it making sense now?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:44 pm

How about;

LIES

?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:55 pm

ENSLAVE

Return to “Anarchy Zone”