Video games no one has ever beaten

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Luigi

Re: Video games no one has ever beaten

Postby Luigi » Fri May 22, 2020 4:59 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Luigi wrote:Just beat Time Ball! A strange thing happened with this game: After the first 15 levels the difficulty skyrockets and keeps getting harder UNTIL level 91, at which point not only are the levels easier, but the design is noticeably different. The levels feel like they were designed for a human to have fun again, for the first time since around level 15. Level 100 took me 10 mins to solve, and by comparison there were levels in the 20s where I gave up after hours and watched the guy playing easy mode for a strategy. If I had to guess what happened I think the devs were feeling the time crunch after 15 or so levels and just started throwing stuff together and paying some minimum wage testers to play it for hours until it was confirmed solvable eventually and approved for the game. Then when they had 10 levels left they started to relax and actually design the levels around fun again. I beat 7 of the last 10 levels without consulting the Japanese slow mode playthrough, while for 80-90 I probably beat 2 or 3 without consulting. The slow mode solutions often didnt work though because the player would abuse the fact that he had so much time to just force a solution by moving the pieces many times. Id say about 25% of the time it would work perfectly, 25% of the time it would be completely inapplicable on normal speed, and the rest of the time it wouldnt work but it did put me in the right direction and often a modified version would work.

- How old is this game?
Just read you other post. Several old games from others consoles that wherent Nintendo or sega,had really strange controls!

Released in 1990 on Turbografx-16, they actually just released a new Turbografx mini console!

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri May 22, 2020 6:23 pm

Thats one of the few consoles I don't have
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri May 22, 2020 6:23 pm

I'd like to get a neo Geo and a tg16
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri May 22, 2020 11:24 pm

Canuckster wrote:Thats one of the few consoles I don't have

Its why I think I will actually pay the 100 $s for the mini, especially since the game selection is surprisingly excellent. I was considering getting the neo geo mini but I think they have a dedicated collecting community because I never see them for a normal price. Thankfully most Neo Geo games have been ported to PC and you can buy them for like 7 $s.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri May 22, 2020 11:50 pm

I prefer original hardware, the games just don't play the same.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat May 23, 2020 12:58 am

Unbeaten SNES games:

Edit: Updated after I found some youtube playthroughs where I had to scroll down multiple pages of youtube searches to find. Theres something wrong with their algorithm. I found a guy who is a professional streamer posting over 300 completions and all of them have no views, because when you search they dont come up. Anyways, the only unfinished SNES games are American football games. Edit again: checking thru twitch all are done.

Edit: A dudes project to do every game himself including Japanese games: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon May 25, 2020 12:59 am

Canuckster wrote:I prefer original hardware, the games just don't play the same.

- I agree. Even retro-consoles are cool. Playing on the computer isnt the same!
They need to re-lauch the Game-cube. Loved the design!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon May 25, 2020 1:01 am

Luigi wrote:Unbeaten SNES games:

ESPN Sunday Night NFL
MVP Football
NFL Football
NFL Quarterback Club 96 (a guy on youtube beat easy mode)
PGA Tour 96
PGA European Tour Golf
Seaquest DSV (a guy on youtube beat the Genesis version)
S.I. Championship Football and Baseball
Street Hockey 95
Tecmo Super NBA Basketball
TNN Bass Tournament of Champions

- Theres used to be a game called Tony Meolas super-sidekicks. Was horrible!

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon May 25, 2020 1:02 am

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Canuckster wrote:I prefer original hardware, the games just don't play the same.

- I agree. Even retro-consoles are cool. Playing on the computer isnt the same!
They need to re-lauch the Game-cube. Loved the design!

I have a spare one if you'd like lol :)

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon May 25, 2020 1:10 am

- Thats a cool design!

Return to “Anarchy Zone”