The 'Miracle' MARK FELIX - 53 years young!

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Re: The 'Miracle' MARK FELIX - 53 years young!

Postby Masato » Sun May 17, 2020 1:13 am

Luigi wrote:
Masato wrote:I remember Ahola. He was much smaller than most competitors but yet he torched them in most events.

I would love to know if there is a GOAT of strongman. Is there someone in its history that most would agree was the greatest ever? Who has the most wins? etc

I could get back into following again if there are some good characters around

Ahola has the greatest traps of all time! The GOAT of strongman is Big Z(Zydrunas Saviskas). Nobody comes close. He is the strongest man to ever walk the face of the earth.

Thanks for the tip I will look him up.

The name is certainly great. I think a cool name should definitely be a category for GOAT status :D Loved the old school Magnus VerMagnussen lol there was another dude his name was Magnus Samuelson. My grandfathers name was Magnus my middle name is Samuel so those guys were the greatest eva

Will check out Big Z now, have a few hours of work here to go tonight
thx

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun May 17, 2020 1:17 am

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun May 17, 2020 2:04 am

Haha just learned there was a multi-winner named THOR

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun May 17, 2020 4:06 pm

Masato wrote:
Luigi wrote:
Masato wrote:I remember Ahola. He was much smaller than most competitors but yet he torched them in most events.

I would love to know if there is a GOAT of strongman. Is there someone in its history that most would agree was the greatest ever? Who has the most wins? etc

I could get back into following again if there are some good characters around

Ahola has the greatest traps of all time! The GOAT of strongman is Big Z(Zydrunas Saviskas). Nobody comes close. He is the strongest man to ever walk the face of the earth.

Thanks for the tip I will look him up.

The name is certainly great. I think a cool name should definitely be a category for GOAT status :D Loved the old school Magnus VerMagnussen lol there was another dude his name was Magnus Samuelson. My grandfathers name was Magnus my middle name is Samuel so those guys were the greatest eva

Will check out Big Z now, have a few hours of work here to go tonight
thx

- Big Z was a legendary surfer too!

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun May 17, 2020 4:52 pm

Masato wrote:Haha just learned there was a multi-winner named THOR

Hafthor(literally "sea Thor") has won the ASC the last 3 years in a row and just broke the deadlift world record and called out Eddie Hall to a boxing match. It will be crazy!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun May 17, 2020 6:17 pm

Luigi wrote:

Hafthor(literally "sea Thor") has won the ASC the last 3 years in a row and just broke the deadlift world record and called out Eddie Hall to a boxing match. It will be crazy!

This thread is going places, lol

So 'Thor' is at the top of his game, now? Like he's the top guy right now? OK there's a good place to start if so

I also just learned that that Marius Pudcza-whatever his name is was a superstar in Strongman! I saw him come on the MMA scene with some hype but I never really understood why he had his fame, and thought his fighting was awful and so lost interest in him. Had I known he was a strongman champion I may have payed more attention.

I don't think these guys can learn to fight but some matches could be fun lol Lets go

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun May 17, 2020 9:56 pm

Masato wrote:
Luigi wrote:

This thread is going places, lol

So 'Thor' is at the top of his game, now? Like he's the top guy right now? OK there's a good place to start if so

I also just learned that that Marius Pudcza-whatever his name is was a superstar in Strongman! I saw him come on the MMA scene with some hype but I never really understood why he had his fame, and thought his fighting was awful and so lost interest in him. Had I known he was a strongman champion I may have payed more attention.

I don't think these guys can learn to fight but some matches could be fun lol Lets go

The thing is Thor has been top 3 for like 10 years now starting from when he was like 22 but he never achieved gold until 2018 when he won WSM and ASC in the same year, a feat very few have ever accomplished. In 2019 he tore his facia(foot tendon thing Dominick Cruz injured) and came second to Martins Licis, who is his good friend and training partner. However his static strength is still clearly above Licis as he won the ASC that year and then again this year. WSM hasn't happened yet this year and will probably be delayed to oct-nov because of covid.

Pudzianowski has more WSM wins than anyone, but for 3 of his titles his toughest competition Big Z didn't compete and only competed in ASC. He faced Pudzianowski in those years in ASC he Big Z beat him every time, so Pudz is kinda in a weird position. He is definitely one of the greatest ever though. If he had transitioned to MMA a few years earlier and lived in a country with good MMA infrastructure he could have been good. Also I think a wrestling base would be the best thing to help a strongman.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 18, 2020 12:06 am

Pudz is a wrestler too?

I just remember big muscles gassing out lol

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon May 18, 2020 6:02 am

Nope, I mean for a guy like Pudz to be elite, like top 10 in UFC, he would have to have wrestled in high school at least. Its too hard to jump into MMA in your 30s. Pudz had an amateur boxing background and took some karate classes as a kid but I think wrestling would have helped more.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon May 18, 2020 7:48 pm

- I like Brian Shaw. His channel is great.
Pudz got the charisma to go to pro-wrestling. I dont know how broke his body was, when he made the transition to mmaor if he ever wold get the skills. But dude got fans all over the world.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”