Fight Schedule & Discussion 2020

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Luigi

Re: Fight Schedule & Discussion 2020

Postby Luigi » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:47 pm

Masato wrote:
Luigi wrote:Czech Republic and Slovakia are launching an MMA/KB hybrid tournament that will start in a week or 2. Not sure if its wise but fights should be cool.

I'm starting to think that Eastern Europe is very different than W Europe or any other western state. I still remember that vid you posted of that boxer (?) who moved to E Europe and discussed how culturally and politically its way different.

Come to think of it, how much COVID news do you hear from places like Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania etc?

Please keep us posted I might tune into that event if possible

Not sure I remember that specific video but I've heard numerous stories about Eastern Euros who come into Western gyms with a totally different mindset, often even drunken savants. The main difference though I think is that their people still have the culture memory of true poverty and it spurs them on in the push for success. Just 30 years ago they plummeted into 3rd world levels of starvation. My girlfriend remembers the time, she said her family could either pay the electricity bill and not eat food or eat without electricity. The only covid news Ive heard from the Eastern Bloc is that Orban increased his power with some kind of state of emergency declaration which I have mixed feelings about.

The Org is called Oktagon MMA, they are holding tournaments with 100k Euros prizes. In a cage, 4 oz gloves, 3x3 min rounds + extra round for draws. Its basically MMA but it gets stood up as soon as it goes to the ground but with the new rule that 3 takedowns will be scored a 10-8 like a knock down would. Half the fighters will be Czech/Slovak, half will be foreigners.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:14 pm

Im seeing Western promotions in June, hopefully it will actually be back that soon.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:07 pm

Luigi wrote:Im seeing Western promotions in June, hopefully it will actually be back that soon.

I'm hearing some buzz about whether or not fighters will have to be vaccinated to continue competing or not.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:11 pm

Luigi wrote:
Masato wrote:
Luigi wrote:Czech Republic and Slovakia are launching an MMA/KB hybrid tournament that will start in a week or 2. Not sure if its wise but fights should be cool.

I'm starting to think that Eastern Europe is very different than W Europe or any other western state. I still remember that vid you posted of that boxer (?) who moved to E Europe and discussed how culturally and politically its way different.

Come to think of it, how much COVID news do you hear from places like Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania etc?

Please keep us posted I might tune into that event if possible

Not sure I remember that specific video but I've heard numerous stories about Eastern Euros who come into Western gyms with a totally different mindset, often even drunken savants. The main difference though I think is that their people still have the culture memory of true poverty and it spurs them on in the push for success. Just 30 years ago they plummeted into 3rd world levels of starvation. My girlfriend remembers the time, she said her family could either pay the electricity bill and not eat food or eat without electricity. The only covid news Ive heard from the Eastern Bloc is that Orban increased his power with some kind of state of emergency declaration which I have mixed feelings about.

The Org is called Oktagon MMA, they are holding tournaments with 100k Euros prizes. In a cage, 4 oz gloves, 3x3 min rounds + extra round for draws. Its basically MMA but it gets stood up as soon as it goes to the ground but with the new rule that 3 takedowns will be scored a 10-8 like a knock down would. Half the fighters will be Czech/Slovak, half will be foreigners.

- This vídeo looks like Lou Ferrigno and Reb Brown movie, Cage!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat May 02, 2020 7:39 pm

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat May 02, 2020 8:17 pm

Luigi wrote:

- Thats the deadlift of the avarage sherdogger!

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu May 14, 2020 8:24 pm

Breaking news: Sittichai just left Glory to sign with ONE. This sets up the showdown everyone has been waiting for: Sittichai vs Petrosyan, winner is undisputed king.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:52 am

My favorite kickboxer Ren Hiramoto has been training MMA lately apparently he will transition. I hope he is not as good at TDD as Izzy because I dont want him to go full time MMA. Im probably in luck though because MMA is still smallish in Japan.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:35 pm

- Hope they put the greatest wrestling match ever. :geek:
They can!

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:03 pm

This Saturday the Thai stadiums end their lockdown and start up again.

Return to “Super Dojo”