Graphic Novel Project Attempt (revived)

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Som-Pong

Masato Attempts to make a (NEW) Graphic Novel

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:38 pm

I just fucking crack the fuckers in the mouth; Then they sleep, for real. Yesterday this guy that is fucking crazy was talking shit at me so I smacked him. Dude goes for the counter which I fucking give him then I started laughing at him ad picked him up. Aye Well.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:37 am

JosephDredd wrote:Masato! This is breathtaking! Your dogs look amazing, I can't wait to come back when I'm not suffering from insomnia and can take it all in properly!

Also this looks like you cribbed it from the unabomber. just fyi

lol, I should scan some notes for the feature script I'm working on

My planning sketchbooks are loco

Right now I'm mapping all the different sub-plots to see how they flow together with each respective story arc to the main story arc

Looks like madness but it really helps. I don't write shit anymore until I have a plan/map that I know is working. Planning is the hard part imo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:39 am

Haven't touched this comic in months... working on that feature script at the moment but I can not let this dog comic die. It must get made but so discouraging how much work.

I was just chatting with a dude who recently completed a full graphic novel - took him 8 YEARS, and the mofo doesn't even have a wife or kids.

- How the fuck am I supposed to get er done? lol

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:23 pm

You have put a ton of work into this thing M.
It would be really nice to see a completed project.
Did you look into the possibility of a kickstarter funding situation?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:09 am

^ Hey Chuck!

Yeah I have been big lately on completing projects and not starting too many that will never get done. Maximize that creative energy! Sad to see projects die, etc.

Right now this and some screenplays I'm writing are the only major projects I am choosing to keep active, as there is barely enough time for them as it is.

I think a lot of it is self-discipline, but I also follow my muse so to speak, meaning I don't feel bad shelving a project for periods of time if I don't feel it calling. Just recently I made a major breakthrough on the screenplays so I'm paying attention to that and enjoying writing again for the first time in a few years. So be it. A day will come I'm sure where this comic wakes up again and draws the attention it needs.

I WANNA HEAR ABOUT YOUR COMIC!!

Start a thread here man, lets talk about our journeys on this stuff. Its hard work! a little support is always useful

As for Kickstarter, I recently saw a campaign where the dude had already COMPLETED his graphic novel, and needed some insane amount just to have it bound professionally and self-published etc. Made me think maybe I need to complete more work before doing these kind of campaigns... I certainly couldn't raise enough to pay me the equivalent of my regular job per hour for the total hours I'd need to get it done

I feel I'd need more to show before doing that stuff

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:16 pm

Sounds good M, I'll start a thread today.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:20 pm

So this project just flew off the shelf again and hit me in the head.

I started this project years ago, but shelved it years ago because it was too big.

It's about a QUARANTINE.

Now I'm in quarantine 4 realz so I can bring some authenticity to it. I went crazy last night tightening things up, gonna dive in again and see how much I can get done.

In the comic there is a fake bio-quarantine in order to achieve ulterior motives on this specific island I know in Brasil. The whole event is seen from the perspective of a street dog. I don't know why or how a story about a quarantine came to me when it did, but it seems weird now to be living through something I felt compelled to write about 7 years ago

Gonna start roughing more pages. The story is written, it's coming in at around 70 pages. I've calculated about 400 hours from here if I find a fast style and don't try to overdo the artwork. Still seems crazy. Big step up from Sonnens War lol

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:23 pm

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:43 pm

Masato wrote:So this project just flew off the shelf again and hit me in the head.

I started this project years ago, but shelved it years ago because it was too big.

It's about a QUARANTINE.

Now I'm in quarantine 4 realz so I can bring some authenticity to it. I went crazy last night tightening things up, gonna dive in again and see how much I can get done.

In the comic there is a fake bio-quarantine in order to achieve ulterior motives on this specific island I know in Brasil. The whole event is seen from the perspective of a street dog. I don't know why or how a story about a quarantine came to me when it did, but it seems weird now to be living through something I felt compelled to write about 7 years ago

Gonna start roughing more pages. The story is written, it's coming in at around 70 pages. I've calculated about 400 hours from here if I find a fast style and don't try to overdo the artwork. Still seems crazy. Big step up from Sonnens War lol

I forgot about this, can't wait to see it
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:59 pm

Canuckster wrote:
Masato wrote:So this project just flew off the shelf again and hit me in the head.

It's about a QUARANTINE.

I forgot about this, can't wait to see it

It will take some time bro, lol.

I have always been inspired to complete this project but facing and pushing my creative ambitions is always somewhat of a fight for me. I love creating but most times to actually sit down and DO it is mysteriously difficult. Gonna try to break through that today, gonna rough some pages now for a few hours. There won't be much to show for a while, as my goal is to just scribble in the basic page compositions all first, I plan to build it all slowly in stages as opposed to completing one page at a time.

Currently I have 22 of 70 pages roughed, and a complete written page-by-page script. I just have to follow it now, be patient and flavor it up as I go. Not even sure what style I will actually draw the characters in yet, been doing some character designs, I need to find something that will be fast for me and easy. Maybe its an opportunity to finally develop my own style, lol. I've been mimicking other styles for $$ for years

Return to “Anarchy Zone”