So Im making a career change

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

So Im making a career change

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:01 am

After some time off I scored a job back in the corporate world then threw in the towel due to it being mind numbing bullshit, maybe it was just time or it was never for me? who cares, by leaving that role I burned my last bridge to the industry that has supported my variouus drug habbits, fed abd clothed my kids and got me loan approvals to ensure that im now in about 700 years worth of debt.

Last few years Ive wanted to work in construction but it was just a dream as they say its a young mans game. Well I scored a road construction crew manager role, basic pay is $62 per hour (nightcrew so 1.5 x) and I work 5 10 hour shifts plus OT Sundays Ill be getting paid close to $90PH

There is some office based work invloved, Ill be part of a traffic planning team so looking at best times for construction to take place and where. Interesting to note that our newest freeways are in an almost constant state of alteration addition or rectification Im talking brand new 5 lane each way freeways.

They just keep expanding them and letting more gooks and chinks into the country.

My main problem they reckon is gaining street cred with the crews I manage, whats your advice? common sense tells me to get on the tools and show them im stronger than them.

My boss says thats a stupid idea cause im probably not and IM better off just pulling rank

thoughts?

or we can continue with some coronavirus discussion

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:00 am

Vutulaki wrote:After some time off I scored a job back in the corporate world then threw in the towel due to it being mind numbing bullshit, maybe it was just time or it was never for me? who cares, by leaving that role I burned my last bridge to the industry that has supported my variouus drug habbits, fed abd clothed my kids and got me loan approvals to ensure that im now in about 700 years worth of debt.

Last few years Ive wanted to work in construction but it was just a dream as they say its a young mans game. Well I scored a road construction crew manager role, basic pay is $62 per hour (nightcrew so 1.5 x) and I work 5 10 hour shifts plus OT Sundays Ill be getting paid close to $90PH

There is some office based work invloved, Ill be part of a traffic planning team so looking at best times for construction to take place and where. Interesting to note that our newest freeways are in an almost constant state of alteration addition or rectification Im talking brand new 5 lane each way freeways.

They just keep expanding them and letting more gooks and chinks into the country.

My main problem they reckon is gaining street cred with the crews I manage, whats your advice? common sense tells me to get on the tools and show them im stronger than them.

My boss says thats a stupid idea cause im probably not and IM better off just pulling rank

thoughts?

Here in Vancouver we keep letting them in and just leave the roads exactly as they were in the 1950s. Of course it takes three hours to get downtown now but our local civic governments are great at pretending not to notice the gridlock choking all of the major arteries to death.

Congratulations on the new job Vutu. Giver er hell eh :)
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:11 pm

Yeah man go kick some ass.

Building better roads is good work, you are helping tons of people making things better. Someone was telling me the other day how much they enjoy their physical work. Dude jogs to work and then does whatever he does he says he's in great shape and feels awesome. It's all attitude I think. Find a good one

Peace and Love, Vutu

Beefsteak Charlie

Postby Beefsteak Charlie » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:20 pm

I heard your interview on End of Days, Masato. It was a surprisingly good listen.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:13 am

Beefsteak Charlie wrote:I heard your interview on End of Days, Masato. It was a surprisingly good listen.

Thanks! Which one? The one where I interview the host?

Maybe I'll hit him up again, he's fun to talk to when shit gets crazy, lol

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:07 am

Masato wrote:
Beefsteak Charlie wrote:I heard your interview on End of Days, Masato. It was a surprisingly good listen.

Say Masato, GM Roy of Fightsport's nephew Rick is trying to sign up here apparently.

I think it'd be cool if you approved an account for him. :D
el rey del mambo

Beefsteak Charlie

Postby Beefsteak Charlie » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:18 am

Masato wrote:

Yeah that’s the one. Dude’s got a pretty good show.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:21 am

Vutulaki wrote:After some time off I scored a job back in the corporate world then threw in the towel due to it being mind numbing bullshit, maybe it was just time or it was never for me? who cares, by leaving that role I burned my last bridge to the industry that has supported my variouus drug habbits, fed abd clothed my kids and got me loan approvals to ensure that im now in about 700 years worth of debt.

thoughts?

Sorry I'm late to the party.

Surprised no-one has given you the right answer yet.

You need to take down the biggest one and rape him. Make sure you make the others watch. Then you will have asserted dominance and shown the who the alpha dog is.

Good luck with the job dude!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:50 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Masato wrote:

Say Masato, GM Roy of Fightsport's nephew Rick is trying to sign up here apparently.

I think it'd be cool if you approved an account for him. :D

Hey man thanks

Has he actually tried to register? So far new registration requests are all up to date. I get a lot of bot requests, told everyone don't pick a bot-sounding name or I'll delete it (Thank you Beefsteak Charlie, lol)

Assuming the forum is working correctly, we just activated Beefsteak no problem but I've also heard rumors of people trying to get in but not getting activated.

If you are in touch with the dude tell him to try again, I'll watch for it.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:51 pm

Beefsteak Charlie wrote:
Masato wrote:

Yeah that’s the one. Dude’s got a pretty good show.

I'll tell him. He's asked to do another show together, but I understand he does video podcasts now. Should I finally show my mug, or wear an uncomfortable mask for 2 hours? lol

Return to “Anarchy Zone”