The Parenting Thread...

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: The Parenting Thread...

Postby Masato » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:31 pm

Shinkicker wrote: It breaks my heart because they used to tell me ALL about their day everyday. I'm ashamed to say that it often got on my nerves. Now I miss it.

This has been echoing in my mind for a while now.

My son is 12. He is awesome but he's in this talkative phase right now and I am having some mild difficulties maintaining patience lol

I am remembering your words here each time :D

thx

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:39 am

Masato wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:If you compete in any combat sports arena that is full contact - Wrestling, striking, subs or MMA you have proved yourself to me for FWIW

I remember sitting in the Police Boys short bus and driving to my first ammy boxing match in 1992 and compare it to the comraderie of taking the school bus to my first sports day school rugby game and fuck me there is no lonelier place than the hours leading up to combat comps.My 10 year old son isnt interested and thats okay.

I am contemplating one last BJJ comp before I declare I'm too old, but can't quite seem to find more pros than cons

just wait till the gracies bring out the wheelchair combatives, it will never be over as long as they are breathing

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:54 pm

So my daughter started really liking my longboard since lockdown.

"Dad, why didn't you tell me longboarding was so fun?"

"I did tell you, I've been telling you for years. You should listen to me more."
lol

She's been using my board but she wants her own for a bunch of reasons. During lockdown all the skate shops were closed and there was a shortage of stuff cuz imports from China got all messed up.

Anyways the mall opened today Day 1 and I snuck in and they had some sweet longboards, not too expensive. She agreed to pay half. It's awesome, a fucking cadillac.

My old one is on the left, her new on on the right.

Longboarding around aimlessly is one of my absolute pleasures of life. My daughter has been typically distant lately, that's normal teen stuff but parents feel the distance. The idea that I might be going cruising with her one day or night soon just melts the dad heart :D

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:55 pm

Take selfies!!

And yeet.

Take us a pic. From neck down if you want :)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:27 am

yeet? what is yeet?

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:30 am

Masato wrote:yeet? what is yeet?

Ask your daughter. Lol

It may be an American teenage thing though. My youngest wants a tshirt that says "yeet or be yeeted".

He's so immature. Lol

"Yeet is an exclamation of excitement, approval, surprise, or all-around energy, often as issued when doing a dance move or throwing something"

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:16 am

Daughter came back from a week at one of her friends' cottage.

She and my wife played a trick on me that she got a tattoo.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:33 am

I’d be more upset about going cottaging than getting a tattoo.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Daughter had a 'date' yesterday with a boy from out of town. His parents drove him 1+ hours each way but did not get out of the car to say hi. Wife was disappointed in that, but I can't say I wasn't relieved, lol

They met at the mall, Uber to our house, skateboarded out front for a bit, watched a movie in the basement, and who knows what else.

I am completely lost, lol

I chose to just stay away and let them be, if she's serious about him he will come back we will meet eventually. But I did get a peek when they were riding longboards, he looks younger than I expected, which made me feel better actually.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:18 am

Seems to be doing very well with my complete absence. So yeah, being absent works.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”