longboarding wtf

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

longboarding wtf

Postby Masato » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:10 pm

Hey all

I have done my share of longboarding and beyond a certain speed it is scary and stupid AF

This guy shatters that safety-line lol

Watch it full screen

Granted he is skilled enough to brake slightly by digging in like a snowboard, but it doesn't take away from the lunacy of this run.

enjoy;

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:22 am

brazilian cat feces virus.....
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:13 pm

BAILS:

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:57 pm

Theres always one in every crowd. Balls of steel
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:23 pm

Maybe I am getting old but I am seeing this stuff as less ballsy, and more stupidity

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:54 am

Masato wrote:Hey all

I have done my share of longboarding and beyond a certain speed it is scary and stupid AF

Watch it full screen

Granted he is skilled enough to brake slightly by digging in like a snowboard, but it doesn't take away from the lunacy of this run.

enjoy;

That shit is unreal

I used to do stuff that would have killed me on a longboard...Bombed hills with zero regard for health

Those guys are amazing...A whole new level

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:56 am

It's just not worth getting totally fucked up.

The best is the last clip on the BAIL compilation, lol those are called speedwobbles and once you get them you can't stop them lolol its a horrible feeling. That guy held on longer than most lol

In my snowboarding days the only reason we could go big was because there was 6 feet of powder everywhere, we could land on our heads and not get hurt. Pavement is different

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:59 am

Rambo John J wrote:
Masato wrote:Hey all

Watch it full screen

enjoy;

That shit is unreal

I used to do stuff that would have killed me on a longboard...Bombed hills with zero regard for health

Those guys are amazing...A whole new level

Hey bro, we just crossed posts didn't see you here

What 'stuff' did you used to do? Did you used to longboard? I have several longboard stories lol and a few injuries too

Its really stupid

Now I longboard but never get out of control. I do some steep hills but they are wide enough to carve so I can keep my speed under control. I'm curious about that braking technique the dudes in the vid are using but I think I'm too old to be tryin to do that shit now.

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:17 am

I used to bomb crazy hills
Usually after some drinking and lots of herb

Bailed into many a lawn...but never a real injury

I drive by some of the hills I used to bomb, and I don't think even the craziest daredevils would have done it....Pure stupidity

My board was a huge plank cut from 3/4 inch plywood and I used 215 independent trucks along with Swiss Gold Bearings and some sort of Big ass Orange wheels

Very lucky to have not cracked my melon

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:24 pm

Rambo John J wrote:I used to bomb crazy hills
Usually after some drinking and lots of herb

Bailed into many a lawn...but never a real injury

I drive by some of the hills I used to bomb, and I don't think even the craziest daredevils would have done it....Pure stupidity

My board was a huge plank cut from 3/4 inch plywood and I used 215 independent trucks along with Swiss Gold Bearings and some sort of Big ass Orange wheels

Very lucky to have not cracked my melon

You are Frank Armitage at the MMAC, right?

I had a scare a few years ago. Was sitting on my porch with some herbs, when across the street I see these kids pile out of 2 cars all equipped with longboards. My neighborhood is sweet for hills so I knew what was up. I introduced myself and asked to see their boards, as I had not bought by own longboard yet but had my eye on them.

They tell me they have an extra one and invite me to join. I am rusty as hell, getting older, and just smoked a lotta herbs lol but of course I say OK. I follow them up up up to a street I had never done before, a steep pitch with a long outrun at the bottom.

We get going pretty fast but I am doing well. There are like 5 or 6 of us all tearing down this street

1 guy in front of me loses his hat, it flies off but he keeps going. So I try to a)be nice and b)show off and decide to try to grab it for him. I get in a low tuck stance and carve over right and grab it. But when I stand up again I realize I am going WAY faster than I thought.

Speed-wobbles kick in. Have you ever had speed-wobbles? lolol they are horrible. I don't know how to shake em.

I realize I am no longer in control, and veer for the lawns (I should have just rode it out we were already mostly flat), there is a strip of grass along the roadside, then a sidewalk, then the actual lawns. I fly off and CLEAR the first patch of grass entirely, landing on the sidewalk. I do a massive diveroll/breakfall which I am pretty good at but I still hit hard.

I remember feeling my head crack on the pavement.

I get up and there is this old dude raking leaves or whatver had just seen me fly and bail like 15 ft lol his look was priceless

I want to keep my dignity so I get up and roughly skate to catch up with the kids who had slowed down already or maybe stopped for my sake. I still had the dude's hat lol I give him back and tell em thanks but I'm going home.

I make it home but as soon as I lay down on the couch I realized I'm pretty bashed up, my shoulder is not working and I have a big lump on my head.

Wife and family come home see me on the couch unable to move,

lol this was the day before we were to go on family vacation

unlike the MMAC all of that is true lol

Have you ever used a Kahuna Stick?

Return to “Anarchy Zone”