The Parenting Thread...

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Shinkicker

Re: The Parenting Thread...

Postby Shinkicker » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:33 am

Masato wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:I need to learn to make highlight videos.

What music would you pick? :D

I have no idea. i guess I'd let him pick.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:43 am

Masato wrote:^^ awesome brother. Enjoy!! those years are precious. We think they stay little like that forever but its gone before you know it. Cherish every moment, snuggle them as much as you can, mark it in your memory.

My 15 year old daughter has been distant and secretive for a while, was breaking my heart but I took her to do some stuff today and we had a real nice time, we talked and laughed and even shared conspiracy theories, lol. She showed me one where Chuck E Cheese actually had to make a public statement defending itself because people were posting photos accusing them of putting together leftover slices of pizza together and passing them off as fresh ones lolol

Distant and secretive? Mine, too. It breaks my heart because they used to tell me ALL about their day everyday. I'm ashamed to say that it often got on my nerves. Now I miss it.

My husband has pretty much completely let go of the reins. If they keep their grades up, make curfew, and don't disturb his sleep all is well. Lol

I'm trying to let go more myself. Like a trial run at adulthood, I guess. At least if they fuck up we are here to help them.

Do you ever think about what you were doing at their age? If not, don't. Lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:31 pm

Shinkicker wrote:
Masato wrote:^^ awesome brother. Enjoy!! those years are precious. We think they stay little like that forever but its gone before you know it. Cherish every moment, snuggle them as much as you can, mark it in your memory.

My 15 year old daughter has been distant and secretive for a while, was breaking my heart but I took her to do some stuff today and we had a real nice time, we talked and laughed and even shared conspiracy theories, lol. She showed me one where Chuck E Cheese actually had to make a public statement defending itself because people were posting photos accusing them of putting together leftover slices of pizza together and passing them off as fresh ones lolol

Distant and secretive? Mine, too. It breaks my heart because they used to tell me ALL about their day everyday. I'm ashamed to say that it often got on my nerves. Now I miss it.

My husband has pretty much completely let go of the reins. If they keep their grades up, make curfew, and don't disturb his sleep all is well. Lol

I'm trying to let go more myself. Like a trial run at adulthood, I guess. At least if they fuck up we are here to help them.

Do you ever think about what you were doing at their age? If not, don't. Lol

Sounds a few steps ahead of where my wife and I are at. I recognize to leave our daughter alone right now and let her have her space, but my wife is having a harder time letting go. We're lucky if we get a hello or a half-a-hug lol . Daughter is trying, she puts in some effort sometimes but you can see she's off in her own universe.

When I was 15 I also wanted far away from my folks as possible. Not because they were bad but just because I was discovering my wings. I always appreciated that I could come home though and they would have my back.

Its a tough age because on one hand she wants full independence and to break free of our parental controls, but at the same time she wants us to do everything for her cuz she's broke and doesn't know how to do shit for herself lol . She had a job interview the other day and has been requested a follow up. Maybe a job would be good for everyone :D

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:47 pm

My son placed second. It's only his second year and he lost to a kid that's been wrestling since elementary school. No shame in that. I couldn't be more proud.

The last couple of tournaments I've figured out my son is winning quite a few by strength alone and not technique. He finally got one just as strong but with better skills. He will probably face the same kid at state this weekend.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:48 pm

Shinkicker wrote:My son placed second. It's only his second year and he lost to a kid that's been wrestling since elementary school. No shame in that. I couldn't be more proud.

The last couple of tournaments I've figured out my son is winning quite a few by strength alone and not technique. He finally got one just as strong but with better skills. He will probably face the same kid at state this weekend.

Keep us posted how he did! Credit to you for having the nerves to see him through it all :D

My wife and I just recently discovered definitive proof that my daughter is totally making out with at least 1 boy :(
We were crushed , lol

On the other hand she just got her first real job! Don't know when she starts

Parenting (sigh) - ain't it wonderful? :D

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:28 pm

It starts today! I could barely sleep! I don't know why. I'd be just as proud even if he loses 1st round. Maybe because I thought his shoulder was ripped out of place last weekend.

There is one kid that moved down here from penn state at a neighboring school. He is so much fun to watch.(looks like a mini John Belushi). I'm thankful he isn't in my son's weight class.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:33 pm

Well, it's over! It's all over! He didn't place but he fought his heart out. Won 1, lost 2.

I'm so proud of him. And relieved it's over :)

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:01 am

Congrats!
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:34 am

If you compete in any combat sports arena that is full contact - Wrestling, striking, subs or MMA you have proved yourself to me for FWIW

I remember sitting in the Police Boys short bus and driving to my first ammy boxing match in 1992 and compare it to the comraderie of taking the school bus to my first sports day school rugby game and fuck me there is no lonelier place than the hours leading up to combat comps.My 10 year old son isnt interested and thats okay.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:28 pm

Vutulaki wrote:If you compete in any combat sports arena that is full contact - Wrestling, striking, subs or MMA you have proved yourself to me for FWIW

I remember sitting in the Police Boys short bus and driving to my first ammy boxing match in 1992 and compare it to the comraderie of taking the school bus to my first sports day school rugby game and fuck me there is no lonelier place than the hours leading up to combat comps.My 10 year old son isnt interested and thats okay.

I am contemplating one last BJJ comp before I declare I'm too old, but can't quite seem to find more pros than cons

Return to “Anarchy Zone”