Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Diet Butcher

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:27 pm

Canuckster wrote:Old age catching up, I'm in the 5-oh club now and it isn't getting any easier

I'm 2 years behind you. have you competed in your late 40s before? Any tips?

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:31 pm

Masato wrote:I am nursing my very first back injury. It seizes up, then eases off again.

I can roll when it eases up but not when it seizes. Don't know if its a pinched nerve, muscle, or chiropractic issue.

Super scary, I've seen people's lives change entirely due to back issues. I don't want that shit man. I'm excited fo jiu jitsu right now I don't need anymore roadblocks. Did well today even rolling light. I am hunting for that purple, as long as my body lets me train

Dude, do you do any strength and conditioning? That gets more and more important as we make our way into geezer-dom. Hit some weights with Canuckster!

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:59 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Canuckster wrote:Old age catching up, I'm in the 5-oh club now and it isn't getting any easier

I'm 2 years behind you. have you competed in your late 40s before? Any tips?

Had a fight when I was 42, just keep at it is all if you stop you'll die
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:01 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Masato wrote:I am nursing my very first back injury. It seizes up, then eases off again.

I can roll when it eases up but not when it seizes. Don't know if its a pinched nerve, muscle, or chiropractic issue.

Super scary, I've seen people's lives change entirely due to back issues. I don't want that shit man. I'm excited fo jiu jitsu right now I don't need anymore roadblocks. Did well today even rolling light. I am hunting for that purple, as long as my body lets me train

Dude, do you do any strength and conditioning? That gets more and more important as we make our way into geezer-dom. Hit some weights with Canuckster!

I'm just going into the gym now, it's taken about 3 yrs to recover from my car accidents back in 15, but I'm doing well, pull 320 deadlift for reps now and knee is finally healing.

Something always hurts tho, just have to ignore it mostly
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:02 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:Just announced upcoming tournament on March 8. I think I will compete. Probably in the geezer's geezer division. First as a purple belt for me!

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

You're in chinaland right? Good luck, those fuckers are crafty

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:11 pm

Canuckster wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:Just announced upcoming tournament on March 8. I think I will compete. Probably in the geezer's geezer division. First as a purple belt for me!

You're in chinaland right? Good luck, those fuckers are crafty
Haha... There was a tourney back in November in Guangzhou which is about 45 minutes away in the mainland. 100% they would fuck with a team from Hong Kong now. Their media has them thinking we're all violent separatist traitors, lol.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:35 pm

- Ciatica, maybe?
Can be caused by tight isquitibiais, since you spend so much time sitting, and probably doesnt warmup before training.
A for roller can help, you can do the test!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:05 pm

I've had the same thing this year from sitting at a desk and in my truck so much, added squats and deadlift to every workout and my back pain has diminished by nearly 90 %

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:15 pm

Canuckster wrote:I've had the same thing this year from sitting at a desk and in my truck so much, added squats and deadlift to every workout and my back pain has diminished by nearly 90 %

Interesting

I did great today. Had a blue belt war, we got a tap each but he gassed so hard he couldn't complete the class. I was fine. Then rolled with some brown belts and wasn't completely useless lol. I've decided to have a bit more fight in me this year, usually I go so light, just practising not really caring about taps. This year I think I'm gonna hunt for em, be just a little bit meaner

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri May 29, 2020 11:21 pm

- Im up 7 kgs!

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”