Valentina Shevchenko expected to defend her title against Katlyn Chookagian at UFC

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Valentina Shevchenko expected to defend her title against Katlyn Chookagian at UFC

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:44 pm

By Damon Martin @DamonMartin Nov 22, 2019

It appears Valentina Shevchenko has her next assignment as the women’s flyweight champion is expected to face surging contender Katlyn Chookagian at a UFC event currently scheduled for Feb. 8 in Houston, Texas.

Multiple sources close to the situation confirmed the news to MMA Fighting on Thursday following an initial report from ESPN. The UFC has made no official announcements about the fight or the Feb. 8 card, which is expected to be a pay-per-view.

Regarded as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the sport, Shevchenko has run roughshod over the 125-pound division in the UFC ever since the weight class was first introduced.

She’s currently 4-0 in the division with two title defenses already under her belt including a highlight reel knockout against Jessica Eye back in June. Shevchenko most recently fought in August when she defended her belt against Liz Carmouche in a lopsided decision after five rounds.

As for Chookagian, her opportunity to fight for UFC gold comes after building a 4-1 resume at flyweight inside the Octagon including two consecutive wins in a row.

Chookagian has most recently defeated Joanne Calderwood and Jennifer Maia while also holding wins over Alexis Davis and Mara Romero Borella in the division.

Now she will get the chance to pull off the upset against Shevchenko in a flyweight title fight that is expected to join the Feb. 8 UFC pay-per-view currently rumored for the Toyota Center in Houston.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/11/22/20976050/valentina-shevchenko-expected-to-defend-title-against-katlyn-chookagian-at-ufc-pay-per-view-on-feb-8
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”