Masato’s Screenplay Trilogy Pitch

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Masato’s Screenplay Trilogy Pitch

Postby Masato » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:05 am

Hey all,

So I’m finally ready to start pitching this project I’ve been patiently crafting since forever. Starting the learning curve of how exactly to pitch, how to start networking etc. Already started, I’m right hooked lol

Here is the website I made for pitching;

http://www.whitelighttrilogypitch.com

Any feedback, typos, critique etc is welcome. And of course if anyone has connections in the film/animation/literary management biz hit me up :D

Wish me luck!!

penxv

Postby penxv » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:53 am

Good luck.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:30 pm

- Good luck, boss.
What are the public that you are aiming?
I would like to see a humanoid-leopard and a cute mascot if you're aiming for the kids, young teens.

And you can sell cool stufedd toys!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:24 pm

Masato wrote:Hey all,

So I’m finally ready to start pitching this project I’ve been patiently crafting since forever. Starting the learning curve of how exactly to pitch, how to start networking etc. Already started, I’m right hooked lol

Any feedback, typos, critique etc is welcome. And of course if anyone has connections in the film/animation/literary management biz hit me up :D

Wish me luck!!

Hey, how much $ would you require to do this if you pitched it and someone picked it up?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:35 pm

Canuckster wrote:
Masato wrote:Hey all,

Wish me luck!!

Hey, how much $ would you require to do this if you pitched it and someone picked it up?

I'm not looking for money, nor looking to be any sort of producer. I'm looking for people who are better at managing money with experience producing who would want to make the films, and would like a job working on them as writer or in the art dept etc.

If you're asking how expensive it would be to make these films, well that's another strike against me they would take fairly hefty budgets. A lot of locations, very visually based etc. I'd guess a few million per film at least. I don't want them to look crappy or low-budget, go big or go home lol they deserve to be good eye candy imo :D

I have always imagined these fully or partially as animated films. This could be way cheaper, as animation is becoming easier, lotsa tech out there to make it faster etc studios are developing new pipelines and software its gonna get crazy just watch.

But regarding the financing, I really have no experience with film budgets and don't know what I'm talking about lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Just finished a daring rewrite/edit on script 1. Erased 2 characters, tightened up some stuff. Scary!

But super fun and it was the right move, everything tightened way up its way stronger now. really happy with it

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:56 pm

It seems like this is your baby, you'd want to have creative control, otherwise someone's going to butcher it I would think.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:42 pm

Canuckster wrote:It seems like this is your baby, you'd want to have creative control, otherwise someone's going to butcher it I would think.

Yep but I’m in no position to demand creative control. I have no money to fund it, nor any clout in movies to negotiate any of that. People keep saying GoFundMe or Kickstarter or something but honestly it’s just way too big to try to make it myself like that.

Honestly I am just hoping on good fortune that it reaches someone that digs it and can do it nicely. I’m not gonna give it to just anyone, I’m actually trying to avoid most Hollywood studios when pitching, which is who most screenwriters dream of pitching to.

Another reason I can see this animated, I think animated films (outside of the big big studios of course) are less likely to butcher things, there’s less actors and egos involved, animation likes scripts and structure because you can’t just make shit up on set and improvise. Also I have a degree in classical animation and am a pro storyboard artist, I’d have way more clout to not get eaten alive like I would in Hollywood.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:48 am

Masato wrote:
Canuckster wrote:It seems like this is your baby, you'd want to have creative control, otherwise someone's going to butcher it I would think.

Yep but I’m in no position to demand creative control. I have no money to fund it, nor any clout in movies to negotiate any of that. People keep saying GoFundMe or Kickstarter or something but honestly it’s just way too big to try to make it myself like that.

Honestly I am just hoping on good fortune that it reaches someone that digs it and can do it nicely. I’m not gonna give it to just anyone, I’m actually trying to avoid most Hollywood studios when pitching, which is who most screenwriters dream of pitching to.

Another reason I can see this animated, I think animated films (outside of the big big studios of course) are less likely to butcher things, there’s less actors and egos involved, animation likes scripts and structure because you can’t just make shit up on set and improvise. Also I have a degree in classical animation and am a pro storyboard artist, I’d have way more clout to not get eaten alive like I would in Hollywood.

- Some producers tend to butcher or totaly ruin great characters. Juggernaut in X-Men Last stand, our belloved super-villain went from a human dynamo that still got good is his heart,to a idiot that tried to kill children. Super-Mário movie. ken and Ryu, the greatest bro-mance ever was ruined in the 1994 Street Fighter movie. Super-Girl went from a cool character in the comics to a annoying one on the tv series.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Anarchy Zone”