Question for Mega

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Shinkicker

Re: Question for Mega

Postby Shinkicker » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:08 pm

Masato wrote:Hey

Also going through some mild mid-life crisis/evolution stuff, lol :D My mother recently died, I am preparing for some pretty big personal changes of plans, kids getting dangerously older, and I'm sort of re-inventing/discovering myself as I am beginning to see down the latter half of my life coming. Going through some kind of change here, its good but I don't have a soundtrack yet :D

e out heartbreak or talkin about how badass you are or look at me I'm a fuckin rock star etc. I like down to earth music that inspires me for life, gives me strength to be a better person, family, self, BJJ, career, goals, life and death etc etc

It is awesome that you are greeting this with open arms. So many people become stagnant (spiritually) when a new door opens because they are afraid to walk through. I'm not sure this ever stops, I barely recognize myself from a year ago (another story).

And music is an awesome tool. And don't forget to meditate, on the ground, barefoot.

I'd recommend trying Lo-Fi music. I'd never heard of it until Vutu mentioned it on here. You can find channels on YouTube. I wasn't in to it at first and it isn't made for all occasions but listening while reading or drawing....just try it. And when you are super high, lay down and close your eyes while listening. It really relaxes and helps me open my mind.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:01 am

You should fully take the plunge and listen to young people music. EDM, mumble rap, spongebobstep, etc.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:45 pm

Shinkicker wrote:
Masato wrote:Hey

Also going through some mild mid-life crisis/evolution stuff, lol :D My mother recently died, I am preparing for some pretty big personal changes of plans, kids getting dangerously older, and I'm sort of re-inventing/discovering myself as I am beginning to see down the latter half of my life coming. Going through some kind of change here, its good but I don't have a soundtrack yet :D

e out heartbreak or talkin about how badass you are or look at me I'm a fuckin rock star etc. I like down to earth music that inspires me for life, gives me strength to be a better person, family, self, BJJ, career, goals, life and death etc etc

It is awesome that you are greeting this with open arms. So many people become stagnant (spiritually) when a new door opens because they are afraid to walk through. I'm not sure this ever stops, I barely recognize myself from a year ago (another story).

And music is an awesome tool. And don't forget to meditate, on the ground, barefoot.

I'd recommend trying Lo-Fi music. I'd never heard of it until Vutu mentioned it on here. You can find channels on YouTube. I wasn't in to it at first and it isn't made for all occasions but listening while reading or drawing....just try it. And when you are super high, lay down and close your eyes while listening. It really relaxes and helps me open my mind.

I love LoFi!! I even got my kids on it. I went on a kick a while back and got MUCH work done.

Thanks for your support. I'm feeling good about it all to be honest, like you say about walking through a new door, allowing ourselves to change spiritually physically and not get stagnant. I feel I have lots of tools at hand to make it great, lots already in play, lots to look forward to. Funny you mentioned meditation, my wife is likewise experiencing this mid-life metamorphosis and has become quite excited about meditation, she started reading some books and now she's hooked, exploring different styles and figuring out the different theories and methods. I join her sometimes to support so I'll be getting back into this too over the next while. Looking forward to that

Honestl

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:48 pm

Luigi wrote:You should fully take the plunge and listen to young people music. EDM, mumble rap, spongebobstep, etc.

Like what's on the radio?

I let my kids play with the radio while driving, I hear a lot of the top songs of the day. I think they are all terrible lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:54 pm

PS: thanks for the Calypso!! I will check it out

I'm starting to wonder if perhaps in later life we may not need music the same way as when we are young. When we are young we look to music to help find our identity. We go towards things that attract us, and try it on for a while to see who we are. Maybe when we are older and start to know ourselves better, we don't need a soundtrack anymore to find ourselves.

This is another reason I reached out to Mega because as far as I know he's older than me like 117 or something, and yet really enjoys music and has a wide range of appreciation for style and era etc. Just curious in general I guess about that music-self-soul connection. When I was younger music was literally like fuel for the soul, it would pump me up so well and give me so much courage etc. Just music! so weird.

I feel a little strange these days without that power at hand, my old tunes are from a different time, doesn't have the same result

does that make sense?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:42 pm

Lol 117
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:35 am

Masato wrote:
Luigi wrote:You should fully take the plunge and listen to young people music. EDM, mumble rap, spongebobstep, etc.

I let my kids play with the radio while driving, I hear a lot of the top songs of the day. I think they are all terrible lol

Radio is the worst. I have to either listen to Q107 to hear the same songs for the 1000th time or put on the jazz station until I get lulled to sleep.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:00 am

Luigi wrote:
Masato wrote:

Radio is the worst. I have to either listen to Q107 to hear the same songs for the 1000th time or put on the jazz station until I get lulled to sleep.

lol Q107 is just as bad, they have like 30 songs they just repeat year after year

Radio does suck. Sometimes the university station has decent indy shows 89.5

Shifty D

Postby Shifty D » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:15 am

masato you need some more metal in your life.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:03 pm

Listened to this today with great enjoyment. Maybe I'll start digging deeper into Reggae

Shifty, I can appreciate metal, most of my friends in highschool were all metalheads, listened to a lot driving in cars etc.
I'm just not angry enough for it I guess lol

Return to “Anarchy Zone”