Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun May 26, 2019 1:26 pm

- Boss should do prp shots or stem cells and do aikido till his body is ready!

https://www.painscience.com/articles/platelet-rich-plasma-does-it-work.php
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun May 26, 2019 1:28 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Masato wrote:
Honestly I don't know what to do, BJJ is what kept me healthy and motivated to stay fit, eat well etc. Without it I don't know how to stop from just getting all lazy and gaining weight. I'll have to find a substitute but really, what is more fun than jiu jitsu??

Man this really sucks.

I hear ya man. BJJ. A few years back, before I got back into BJJ, I was kinda depressed and really wanted to move back to Toronto. But wife was against it so it would have been eventual divorce. But then BJJ found me again, and I'm OK with life here now. If I can't roll anymore, I wouldn't know what to do either. Probably just lift weights and do steroids? LOL... jk

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon May 27, 2019 4:02 pm

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri May 31, 2019 5:00 pm

Back from the hospital. Have a follow up in 2 weeks to discuss further

There are tears in the tendons and muscles adductor longus and adductor brevis. Apparently the torn tendons can't grow back, nor be surgically re-attached, I will forever lose full capacity in that muscle group. Doctor says physio to try to strengthen the remaining tendons but don't know how much % strength can be built back up.

In 2 weeks I will discuss more with someone who specializes in sports injuries, I hope to maybe find out exactly how bad the damage is and what I can expect for recovery. He suggested it could take a year or more to get it relatively normal again, he'd seen it in pro athletes etc.

I am so down over it man, I miss BJJ so much I think about it all the time. Yet to roll requires SO MUCH legwork, all those adductor muscles is almost entirely how to play any guard work. Super nervous maybe I just won't be able to do it anymore.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri May 31, 2019 5:12 pm

Masato wrote:Back from the hospital. Have a follow up in 2 weeks to discuss further

There are tears in the tendons and muscles adductor longus and adductor brevis. Apparently the torn tendons can't grow back, nor be surgically re-attached, I will forever lose full capacity in that muscle group. Doctor says physio to try to strengthen the remaining tendons but don't know how much % strength can be built back up.

In 2 weeks I will discuss more with someone who specializes in sports injuries, I hope to maybe find out exactly how bad the damage is and what I can expect for recovery. He suggested it could take a year or more to get it relatively normal again, he'd seen it in pro athletes etc.

I am so down over it man, I miss BJJ so much I think about it all the time. Yet to roll requires SO MUCH legwork, all those adductor muscles is almost entirely how to play any guard work. Super nervous maybe I just won't be able to do it anymore.

- Go do a search on how manny people have listened that from doctors and several of them come back to training.
Try to talkwith a sport doctor!

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri May 31, 2019 11:27 pm

Went for the first time in 4 months last night, am a tad sore today.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:56 pm

Masato wrote:Back from the hospital. Have a follow up in 2 weeks to discuss further

That truly sucks, man. What caused the injury in the first place? At our advanced age, should probably pass on rolling with younger, bigger beasts. Even though you may be technically better than them, just rolling hard with them puts extra strain on your joints and shit. Not worth the risk. Talking to myself here cuz I'm still going hard against big young beasts.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:32 pm

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:44 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:

Which one is you??

I am back on the mats, 2nd class back. Had some relaxed rolling today. Feelin good so far, very happy

Life without BJJ is so weird, I felt like I was crackin a few times.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:42 pm

Masato wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:

Which one is you??

I am back on the mats, 2nd class back. Had some relaxed rolling today. Feelin good so far, very happy

Life without BJJ is so weird, I felt like I was crackin a few times.

-Thats is a stunt-man from a vídeo i found!

Return to “Super Dojo”