Job offer 4 'Our Cartoon President'

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Job offer 4 'Our Cartoon President'

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:25 pm

Hey all

So one of my previous clients is now a producer on this show. They were looking for storyboard artists and she invited me to apply. They had a test and as a professional challenge/curiosity I did the test and killed it. They offered me a job starting immediately but after all that we discussed pay and was absolute dogshit so I turned it down.

Still, an interesting experience. I peeked around full knowing it is total propaganda, Trump-hating public opinion control, and full knowing it is produced by Stephen Colbert who I think is a pedophile.

I just thought it was a weird thing to come my way, & had to test where it went. I mean the idea that I would get to use my skills and humor to create an animated show about political satire? How perfect can you get?? lol This is really not far off from the staging and style of the Killary Clinton comic I started, same sort of design

I was imagining what would happen if the position was really lucrative, because from an animation perspective I think it is a brilliant show, very nicely drawn/art directed etc imo Would I have dived into the belly of the beast for experience's sake?

Anyways thank god I dodged that bullet lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:29 pm

would have been interesting to see behind the scenes on a show like this

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:31 pm

- That would beagood way to put your foot on the inbdustry our to burn some bridges!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:25 pm

Glad you turned it down
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

penxv

Postby penxv » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:33 am

Gotta get paid if you're going to sell out. It's the least they can do.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:34 am

Canuckster wrote:Glad you turned it down

thanks, me too. Gave me a preview of some questions I may face in the future, I still have strong plans to pitch my film screenplays and try to get them made, if I have any success pitching I might see into some dark places, I will have to be careful who to get involved or not involved with.

Should I send the guys who offered me the job a link to the Killary Clinton comic? lol :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:37 am

penxv wrote:Gotta get paid if you're going to sell out. It's the least they can do.

Well that was part of my consideration, a storyboard artist is a pretty key part of a show like that, we set all the staging/posing/timing of the jokes etc. I really know nothing of making shows like that and thought MAYBE they would offer me some big money to work on a hit show on CBS, plus the insane professional experience for my career and ambitions etc together may have been worth getting muddy for a year or so

But really, the pay was ridiculous, insulting even. I was surprised how low. I bet the crew work like slaves and are expected to be thankful for it and lick their bosses ass

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:38 am

Also I dreamed of possibly making a stink at CBS or whistleblowing some shit and maybe getting to beat up Stephen Colbert would have been nice

Joe Mama

Postby Joe Mama » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Masato wrote:Hey all

So one of my previous clients is now a producer on this show. They were looking for storyboard artists and she invited me to apply. They had a test and as a professional challenge/curiosity I did the test and killed it. They offered me a job starting immediately but after all that we discussed pay and was absolute dogshit so I turned it down.

Good for you brother. Telling them 'No, Im worth it' because you 'Know im worth it' is huge when it comes to business.

Still, an interesting experience. I peeked around full knowing it is total propaganda, Trump-hating public opinion control, and full knowing it is produced by Stephen Colbert who I think is a pedophile.

You will have several opportunities where you have to set your own personal bias aside and see it for what it is - a paycheck for your time/talent.

I just thought it was a weird thing to come my way, & had to test where it went. I mean the idea that I would get to use my skills and humor to create an animated show about political satire? How perfect can you get?? lol This is really not far off from the staging and style of the Killary Clinton comic I started, same sort of design

Regardless of your political bias (or lack thereof) when it comes to doing work for others, Ive found that I need to put my own personal feelings aside (in the name of getting paid for my talent)

I was imagining what would happen if the position was really lucrative, because from an animation perspective I think it is a brilliant show, very nicely drawn/art directed etc imo Would I have dived into the belly of the beast for experience's sake?

Chances are, you would have dived into the belly of the beast to put the stymie on YOUR OWN PERSONAL comics and whatnot that you have done for your personal pleasure. While they may *seem* similar, make no mistake - Id be willing to bet burgers to bongos that they would tell you to shut that shit down - you work for THEM now. And being a propaganda based satire, whos to say they wouldn't flip the script to adopt views you weren't in kahoots with? (Again - job is a job regardless of how it stokes you morally)

Anyways thank god I dodged that bullet lol

I agree. :D

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:12 am

Masato is going Dark

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”