Spider Silva vs Israel A

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Spider Silva vs Israel A

Postby Masato » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:07 pm

crazy matrix fight

WAY not enough hype for this, I didn't even see it coming, now its tomorrow night? WTF

Really nuts. Anderson IMO had the greatest championship tear in all of MMA history, and Israel is his second coming as perhaps another magician on the feet

Who's in?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:09 pm

It’s a well-worn cliché that “to be the best, you have to beat the best.” But if the first four fights of Israel Adesanya’s UFC career were a preamble to his story, his co-main showdown Sunday [Saturday night, US] with living legend Anderson Silva promises to get into the thick of the plot.

In former decorated champion Silva, Adesanya not only faces a foe who he admired on the come-up, but one whose very style had visible influence on the fighter “The Last Stylebender” has become.

From his UFC debut to middleweight contender in less than a year, the movie of his life has continued to play out the way his repeated daydreams have dictated.

It’s all unfolding as Israel Adesanya has foreseen it.

UFC: You’ve told me you're a guy that visualizes things, that you'd seen every episode of Embedded and Countdown back in the day and could see how your career was going to play out. So I have to imagine this fight with Silva is also one you've visualized?

IA: Déjà vu. Everything is Déjà vu at this moment.

UFC: Everyone knows that to become the best, you've got to knock off some of the guys you came up admiring. When the cage door locks, is there anything different about facing a legend, or is it just another fight?

IA: Nope. Honestly, just another guy with gloves on. He bleeds. He gets bumps and bruises. His leg broke. I know Silva is human, so yeah, I can kill him.

UFC: As long as Anderson has been fighting, and as much footage as there is on him, is it fair to say there's not very much new that he can show you Sunday?

IA: No. I’m definitely sure you can teach that old dog new tricks. He’s different. But I can adapt, let’s put it that way. Whatever tricks he pulls out, I can adapt to them.

UFC: No matter how you analyze it, this absolutely has the potential to be a passing of the torch moment.

IA: That’s how I write it in the storybook, in the documentary, in the movie. Yes, definitely. It’s the end of the first movie, this bit. I’ll begin the next movie, Part 2, when I fight for the belt.

UFC: How do you train for a guy like Anderson Silva and where do you think you have an advantage in the fight?

IA: I’ll probably just shadow box in the mirror that’s how I get ready for Anderson Silva, because I’m better than this clown. The stand-up. Anderson has never ever ever ever ever fought any guy like me. He might try to take me down, I welcome him to – everyone else has tried, but if he wants to stand a trade shots I don’t trade shots. I just deliver them – express.

UFC: Of course you're focused on Anderson, as you should be, but how interested will you be in the main event, considering it has implications for you.

IA: Always. I planned out how I want this to go, and I feel it’s going to go exactly how I want it, so I already have my premonitions ready. The variables are always there, you never know, I’m always ready to adapt, regardless. I know what I’m going to do on Sunday.

UFC: This will be your fifth fight in a calendar year. Will you look to slow the pace with a top contender status?

IA: Nah, I’ll just keep doing me. This is nothing. In 2016 I fought close to 25 times, so this is easy, easy work.

Steve Latrell is a writer and producer for UFC.com, follow him on Twitter at @TheUFSteve

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:17 am

Izzy has this in the bag I think. What can Anderson do to stop him from staying at range? Anderson looks like a magician when he is countering pressure fighters, but he cant do that against a guy as long as Izzy. Maybe Andy could make it a cardio battle and win there, Chael said that Anderson was a master at making you spend a bit to much energy on everything you do.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:18 pm

- Hope Anderson wins!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:03 pm

Storyline seems to be built around Anderson being the underdog to a younger version of himself and can he over come this.

I've watched a couple of Israel's fights and have to say he isn't nearly as good as the hype behind him, prime Anderson would fucking destroy this kid.

That being said, ufc is in desperate need of marketable champions and this is clearly what they use the old lions for.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:47 pm

Canuckster wrote:Storyline seems to be built around Anderson being the underdog to a younger version of himself and can he over come this.

I've watched a couple of Israel's fights and have to say he isn't nearly as good as the hype behind him, prime Anderson would fucking destroy this kid.

That being said, ufc is in desperate need of marketable champions and this is clearly what they use the old lions for.

- Dude is gonna get a title shot if he beats Anderson!
Hope Spider wins!

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:41 pm

He is not deserving of a title shot with a win over Anderson whatsoever
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:49 pm

Canuckster wrote:He is not deserving of a title shot with a win over Anderson whatsoever

- I agree with you. But Connor will fight for the interin belt comingo of a loss!Its so sad that.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:53 pm

Whitaker is out, apparently had a hernia

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:52 am

Is that normal? Sudden hernia?

Wow sucks for the Aussie fans. I never cared much for that fight. Spider Adesanya is more exciting to me

Canuckster you're really not that impressed with Adesanya? Not in prime Anderson's league? Interesting... time will tell. I'm no standup genius but Adesanya's wins so far impressed the hell outta me, I thought he has big potential to be another Spider type talent/career

I'll be working late tonight, found a stream here pretty easily:

http://ripple.is/mma/7252-ufc-234-adesanya-vs-silva

May have to change for main event, I'll keep posting links if they switch.

Man if Anderson can win that would be so cool :D

(why do I do this to myself? lol)

Return to “Super Dojo”