Making more interviews...

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Making more interviews...

Postby Masato » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:18 pm

*Update: scroll down for video

Hey all

Have another interview lined up (I am the host, interviewing someone more interesting than me lol) - I am trying to develop my skills on the mic, as I'm kind of an introvert and not always comfortable on the air/on camera, yet I think I will need to be stronger in this dept for the future, I need practice

I've been on a few podcasts before as a guest, and recently did my first interview of someone else, all were fun challenges

Anyways I ended up chatting with this dude on twitter who is a brown belt and some experience working for FEG and MMA shows in Japan. I was curious and on a whim asked him if he does interviews and he said yes. I explained I have no following and likely to get zero views lol but he's game so I think it will be a good experience

Interviewing him Sunday night. Not even sure what software I will use yet to record it, watch me fuck it all up lol :D

If it goes well I think it would be fun to keep doing interviews of various people; MMA/BJJ related, or art/comic/film related, or conspiratorial, etc... whoever comes my way on a range of themes/topics that would be up for it.

Kind of hyped for it, maybe this could be a new hobby. Won't be the next JRE but could be fun on a hobby-level and perhaps boost the forum a bit who knows.

Anyways wish me luck, hopefully it goes well and I'll post when I can

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:06 am

Just leave this shit to someone who is capable dude.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:44 am

MTE > JRE

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:08 am

^ Thanks Luigi! :D

So I did the interview. Went well, we had a good talk for over 1.5 hours. Covered lots of ground, interesting dude, interesting life.

Problem is now I have an audio-only .mov file and can't seem to upload it to YouTube. YouTube says they accept .mov files, it upload fine but then can't 'process' it for some reason. My uneducated suspicion is that its because its an audio-only file (?)

Anyways work is crazy busy but there must be a way to format the .mov file for sharing on YouTube. I'll keep hunting, as soon as I find a way I'll upload it and post it here.

I really enjoyed, but obviously need to get way better at the tech side of things. Would be fun if I learned how to add music, maybe screen videos, I thought about maybe doing a live illustration or shoop of something related during the interview etc.

We'll see how it goes. Just for fun on the side no serious endeavor

I'll keep yaz posted. If anyone knows any tricks for uploading to YouTube hit me up.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:40 am

Sound cloud prob better for this
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:18 am

Couldn't you just add visuals in moviemaker? Like just a picture of the mask for the whole hour and a half.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:51 pm

Hey, got it to work! Maybe not the best quality but at least it plays

Its super amateur, and I KNOW I ain't no Mauro Ranallo on tha mic but fuck it, its fun and I'm glad I did it. Maybe I'll make more if opportunities arise. If anyone wants to record a chat let me know. I've been bugging SRBrant for a long time now, maybe he'll bite :D

max ナカムラ is a Japanese-born Jiu-Jitsu Brown Belt living in Vancouver Canada. We discuss wild youth growing up in Vancouver, discovering martial arts, moving to Japan at 20, working for MMA shows in Japan (FEG, Dream, K1), legit Yakuza hookups, blazing with the Diaz brothers, BJJ life, haunted houses, true UFO sightings and more..!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:47 pm

My interest is to interview not-famous people. Just regular folk with interesting lives who don't normally get a platform to share their stuff on

I think there are millions of super interesting people out there just not famous. Unique lives, unique experiences, insights, skills, stories. You may be sitting next to someone on the subway who can tell you some really incredible stories! Or has gone through some serious hard times and has some tested advice to give, etc etc

Real talk, no hype or pretense over illusions of fame. #RealPeopleMatter :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:23 pm

Here are some links to other interviews I've been part of, on different sides of the table:

Talk on a host of topics with our man from Scotland Robb Wallace:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3382&p=32690#p32690

Talk about writing with Robb Wallace:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4779&p=43096#p43096

My first interview as the host, interviewing 'Ninjashoes' from End of Days Radio (far-out conspiracy, paranormal etc):
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5794&p=53511&hilit=interview#p53511

Return to “Anarchy Zone”