What's yo Christmases looking like?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

What's yo Christmases looking like?

Postby Masato » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:39 pm

Happy Holidays everyone!!

What's your seasonal days looking like? Going away? Family guests? Working? Suffering? Thankful?

Where y'all at?

Thoughts for New Years?

Hope you can all find some magic in it somewhere, somehow. Wishing you all the best, thanks for keeping this crazy place alive, lol you are my e-brothers and I appreciate you all

Merry Christmas!! Happy 2019

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:18 pm

I got 7 people in my house, thankful AF, but half my heart is thousands of kms away with my folks and brother as my mom is goin down. Weird to be split like that.

Also celebrating 20 years married anniversary on Dec 31. ...Crazy

BJJ club is closed most of the break so I will likely eat/drink a lot and get fat lol.
I already bought myself a new gi but haven't used it yet. My old gi actually ripped holes in the knees. Sucks because the day I will use the new gi I will be all out of shape again lol

Trying not to worry or be too cheap about money, always sucks this time of year. Most of me is resentful of seasonal gift-giving/credit culture and I can be a scrooge, but I usually cave in and end up spending a little more than what I should. Have some work over the break so that's good to balance.

Hoping for snow

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:39 pm

Christmases aren't what they once were, I find myself very jaded by the empty materialism of the season, and one can struggle to handle the season like we want due to family and societal pressure.

If it was up to me, I would skip this holiday entirely. That and every other holiday the west celebrates with the mass consumption of overwhelming materialism.

My wife and I don't buy each other gifts, this year we bought new kitchen appliances and that was our Christmas. We have no more use for packages of useless junk. We buy for our son, and that is more because of the pressure of the holiday, we stopped buying grandkids gifts and started putting the money into resp packages for them.

Seriously, fuck Christmas.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:05 pm

Canuckster wrote:Christmases aren't what they once were, I find myself very jaded by the empty materialism of the season, and one can struggle to handle the season like we want due to family and societal pressure.

If it was up to me, I would skip this holiday entirely. That and every other holiday the west celebrates with the mass consumption of overwhelming materialism.

My wife and I don't buy each other gifts, this year we bought new kitchen appliances and that was our Christmas. We have no more use for packages of useless junk. We buy for our son, and that is more because of the pressure of the holiday, we stopped buying grandkids gifts and started putting the money into resp packages for them.

Seriously, fuck Christmas.

You should consider looking into heathen Yule. All the best parts of Christmas with none of the BS, + other cool stuff.

Yule Eve and Yule morning with the local family, then we are going up north to see our kin in the northlands. It will mostly be fun times and good food and ale, but Im also thinking about what oath to swear on the final day for 2019. Im thinking of doing a fitness goal, developing my bench and rows probably. Happy holidays E-brothers!

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:06 am

Working as usual, doing some secret santa shit at work. I drew a fat colleague, think I’ll get her a pedometer.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:06 am

Som-Pong wrote:Working as usual, doing some secret santa shit at work. I drew a fat colleague, think I’ll get her a pedometer.

Fuck off. As if you can afford a pedometer.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:11 am

- Happy Turbo time!

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:03 am

Benwahwah wrote:
Som-Pong wrote:Working as usual, doing some secret santa shit at work. I drew a fat colleague, think I’ll get her a pedometer.

I make more than you.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:10 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS, ya Grinchy bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its snowing here :D

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:01 pm

Som-Pong wrote:
Benwahwah wrote:

I make more than you.

I didn’t claim I could...

Apologies for being ‘grumpy’ I was trying to be funny, but looking at it with a fresh set of eyes I realise it comes off as more cunty than anything else.

That being said, Merry Christmas bitches!

Return to “Anarchy Zone”