Wife wants to go to Jerusalem

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Wife wants to go to Jerusalem

Postby Masato » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:22 am

So my wife is a travel-nut. This is her drug, she craves the exotic and different.

Shes researching our next trip (even though we’re broke lol -this is a constant difference in our marriage)

She’s trying to plan trip through Italy - turkey -and Israel.

As much as I understand the historical and life-experience of visiting this amazing place, I am totally spooked out. It is literally the last place I would ever desire to go. I see it as the cancerous tumor in the planet, the source of so many of the worlds problems. A history of nothing but stupid evil and fighting, wars, deception, and religious lunacy. It’s like going right into the heart of Mordor lol. I am scared that the energy of this place is just a sickness, a country operating on an apartheid, supremacist racist ideology of extreme insanity. It simply feels foolish to enter the heart of such a place.

Am I missing an opportunity? Or correct to not want to put myself in such a place? Is this a worthy place for a human to see for himself, regardless of the lens through which we view it? Or is such romanticism overrated and the smart man will stay the fuck away from such a poisoned location on the earth?

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:37 am

Just don't go then. You must have some say right? Turkey is interesting, but it's the site of a barbaric Turco Mongol Islamic conquest over a vastly superior Christian civilization. I was more interested in rooting out the remnants of the former, not in the latter. And looking at the faces of the people, they are all conquered Anatolian Greeks, very few real Turks. It's a very beautiful place with a tragic history, for me anyway. Cappadocia and Upper Mesopotamia in the east of the country are especially interesting. But I share your aversion to Israel. Haven't been myself either.
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:44 am

Maybe ask your wife about Madagascar. Lies just off of the coast of Mozambique but was discovered and first settled by Indonesians. Grist for the hierarchy of racial competence mill right there.

Oh, and of course the lemurs. Much more interesting than Israelis, and almost certainly friendlier.
el rey del mambo

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:08 am

Dont worry about being broke and travelling. Youll never have enough money to be happy anyway.

Fuck it.

shankara

Postby shankara » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:01 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_syndrome

Someone in my family had this, apparently they were about to throw themself off of a rock in the Sinai desert convinced that the aliens would come and pick them up. Of course some say that the Old Testament talks about aliens...

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 pm

shankara wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_syndrome

Someone in my family had this, apparently they were about to throw themself off of a rock in the Sinai desert convinced that the aliens would come and pick them up. Of course some say that the Old Testament talks about aliens...

LOL that's hilarious

I believe it :D

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:51 pm

Personally they get enough of my money already, I'm not giving them any more
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:11 am

Can you even go to Turkey and Israel with the same passport?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:49 am

Great food.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:59 am

I would go just to see the pre-Abrahamic stuff. Neolithic death masks and metallurgy, bronze age ruins, perhaps a Roman colonnade.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”