Gordon Ryan vs. Fabricio Werdum set for February 22

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Gordon Ryan vs. Fabricio Werdum set for February 22

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:10 pm

By Roy Billington Nov 21, 2018

What happens when a ADCC champion meets a former UFC champion in a combat jiu jitsu match? On February 22nd we will find out.

The most famous face in submission grappling, Gordon Ryan has signed on the dotted line to face off against Fabricio Werdum in Monterrey, Mexico on February 22nd. Werdum is one of the greatest grapplers to ever compete in the UFC, and in addition to being an MMA world champ, the Brazilian heavyweight is also a two-time ADCC champion and an IBJJF champion.

Gordon Ryan is the biggest name in professional jiu jitsu at the moment and has won almost everything there is to win in the nogi world. Ryan’s best accomplishments include his divisional gold and absolute silver medal at ADCC 2017 and his 4 dominant appearances at the at Eddie Bravo Invitational.

Combat jiu jitsu allows open handed strikes on the mat and will likely favour Werdum, who has focused on MMA almost exclusively for the last few years. This match will act as another step back into the world of jiu jitsu for Werdum, who is currently serving a two-year USADA suspension.

Source: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/11/21/18105511/grappling-report-gordon-ryan-vs-fabricio-werdum-set-february-22
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”