Josh Barnett wants an MMA fight next year: ‘It’s just a matter of when and where’

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Josh Barnett wants an MMA fight next year: ‘It’s just a matter of when and where’

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Recent free agent Josh Barnett isn’t done with MMA yet.

By Tim Burke @TB_Money Sep 11, 2018

After a long and sometimes acrimonious battle with USADA over a positive test that he proved was due to a tainted supplement, Josh Barnett wanted out of the UFC. And in June, his request was granted. The new free agent is free to fight anywhere he wants, and the 40-year-old intends to do that.

But he’s going to be selective about it, and it will probably have to wait for 2019 due to his other interests.

Barnett was on hand at the Quintet 3 open workouts, a grappling event that goes down in October that he’s taking part in, and spoke about his next move in MMA (via MMA Fighting):

“It’s got to excite me. It has to be the right name, the right time, the right setting, it has to fit in with the rest of my schedule. I’m not going to lock down to one promoter. I still want to fight, you’ll see me fight some time next year, it’s just a matter of when and where.”

In the meantime, Barnett will spend his time doing grappling events, being a pro wrestling announcer, and doing some acting work. But one of the pioneers of the sport sounds like he’s not willing to walk away yet.

Source: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/9/11/17848496/ufc-josh-barnettfight-next-year-matter-when-where-heavyweight-mma-news
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:33 pm

Great! Always a Barnett fan

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:21 pm

Barnett's dismantling of dean lister was a beautiful thing to watch
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Super Dojo”