BE MORE HUMAN

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

BE MORE HUMAN

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:53 pm

Hey all

So my friend from BJJ just opened his own club in a nearby town. He had his grand opening yesterday and man was I happy for him. The place looks GREAT!! I mean really great. Its just a simple warehouse in the back of some industrial area, but he has an artists touch and designed himself honestly one of the coolest looking dojos I've ever seen. Simple but aesthetic. His own style 100%. Real nice.

Also had a huge turnout which is testimony to his character, tons of people from our other club came to support

Even the Mayor of the town came to do a ribbon-cutting ceremony!!

Lil Mas and I went, had some BBQ and a few rolls. Super pumped for him.

ALWAYS great to see people following their dreams, putting in the work and being creative to make them come true.

He designed a choice logo, and painted BE MORE HUMAN on the wall. How cool is that>??>?

You can see he put a bunch of scrap wood he found on the far wall, looks real nice gives that warm touch. Also really cool to have the big garage door to open, this will be a dream in the summertime, open it up get the sun in and the stank out, lol

Built himself some simple change rooms:

Me, Lil Mas and our friend the owner:

Me and a kid there that I sort of admire:

Mayor ribbon-cutting ceremony:

FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS!!!!! Make em happen!!!!!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:55 pm

Canuckster this is in Beamsville, a stones throw from where you live. You've rolled with the guy once I think before, remember we went to Oakville once with him?

You should consider it another option for training, he's a great guy and his jitz style is pretty cool

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:25 pm

Pm me the address. Hopefully I have time to check him out
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Tough market in beamsville, not a big town.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Address is in the first photo

Beamsville may be small but I think it will be the best club around that whole area, will capture a good part of Hamilton/Stoney Creek/Grimsby even out to St Catharines and Niagara

Was rolling with a purple belt that day from Beamsville who had been driving into Pura for his training, said he was considering switching

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:24 pm

St Catharine's has gracie barra so not sure if demand is big enough there to sustain the clubs,

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:30 pm

There is also Relentless MMA in St Catharines:

105 Merritt St.
St. Catharines

Run by another student of ours at my club. Relentless, the new club in Beamsville are both wings of our teacher here in B-Town so they are all friends/supporting of each other. That may help flow people from one to another and get the word out. Our teacher works hard to create mutual comradery between clubs instead of the competitive/exclusive bullshit a lot of other clubs fester (Gracie Barra being famous for it, though not sure what the St Catharines location is like)

Feels nice to be welcome at different clubs, no worries of loyalty or any of that. Steve says I'm welcome any time in Beamsville and Dan is cool with it

fresh

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:31 am

- Congratulations to you friend!
Looks like a big mat!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:22 pm

Nice looking gym! Though it looks more like a place to party than to roll, lol. It's got that underground warehouse party feel. What kind of music do they play while u roll?

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Return to “Super Dojo”