Ariana Grande

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
SRBrant

Re: Ariana Grande

Postby SRBrant » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:13 pm

Also, Dan Schneider belongs in a deep, deep pit. That child-foot-loving fat fuck helped run Nickelodeon into the ground as well. Blech!

shankara

Postby shankara » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:04 pm

I'm not sure that it's a question of subliminal messages, more that people are kind of infused with the energy of pop music, tv etc., like if you put something in the steam from something cooking it takes on the flavor of the thing that's cooking.

As for the symbols, perhaps a certain amount of it is unconscious, simply what flows out of the twisted minds of the people making the videos. But perhaps also they realize that the vast majority of the public will never wake up to the symbolism and they are mocking their ignorance. Of course there are also people who grasp the symbols and are attracted by them, want to go to the dark side.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:33 pm

The most powerful imo thing about pop music as far as influencing people is not subliminal stuff, nor symbols.

It is

A) the visuals, like women dressed all slutty and glorifying material wealth and bling, and

B) MANTRAS. Choruses of a tune that people sing over and over and over to themselves in their head. Usually these lyrics are self destructive, or paradoxical in nature to confuse the mind (I love you but I hate you, etc) that kind of stuff. Or references to darkness, or more material/selfish themes, reckless sex etc.

Try to find major pop songs that sing about anything healthy, wise, loving or uplifting, or anything to do with healthy family relations etc. It’s almist impossible

In my (paranoid) opinion, the goal of pop music is to make kids stupid, selfish, have lots of irresponsible sex, judge things on exterior beauty, and value fame and fortune. Calling it outright satanic may be a bit of a stretch but the values are basically the same.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:41 pm

No, it's to pander to the most base of human minds and desires to make money.

Not the case at all with Gorillaz.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:25 pm

I could prove you wrong with gorillas,

Their music is above average but still panders to the system in a hardcore way
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:26 pm

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:08 pm

SRBrant wrote:No, it's to pander to the most base of human minds and desires to make money.

This is a good point actually, its true you do make money faster/asier by pandering to our lowest levels. Sex sells, that is a fact... even if it does degrade the population. I personally think there's more to it than that but you're right that is a huge factor that can't be ignored from the equation

I'd be curious to hear Canucketers breakdown. I'm not really familiar with the Gorillaz aside from drooling over the amazing artwork

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:32 pm

Masato wrote:
SRBrant wrote:No, it's to pander to the most base of human minds and desires to make money.

This is a good point actually, its true you do make money faster/asier by pandering to our lowest levels. Sex sells, that is a fact... even if it does degrade the population. I personally think there's more to it than that but you're right that is a huge factor that can't be ignored from the equation

I'd be curious to hear Canucketers breakdown. I'm not really familiar with the Gorillaz aside from drooling over the amazing artwork

That video speaks for itself, if I can make some time, I'll break it down.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:53 pm

Gorillaz are one gigantic middle finger against corporate music. And their music is PHENOMENAL. Truly Aether-touched in sight and sound.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:34 pm

SRBrant wrote:Gorillaz are one gigantic middle finger against corporate music.

That might be a bit of a stretch, as they've been labelled under Virgin and Warner bros, & heavily featured by all the major Grammy, MTV, GQ, Brit awards, etc

In what context do you find them to be anti-corporate music?

Here is another much older cartoon music video that may also be considered a gigantic middle finger to corporate music, with a direct FU reference to Virgin Records (Gorrilaz label) :D :

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”