Michael Chandler re-signs with Bellator

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Michael Chandler re-signs with Bellator

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:16 pm

By Danny Segura @DannySeguraTV Aug 22, 2018

Michael Chandler is not going anywhere.

After becoming a free agent earlier this year, the former Bellator lightweight champion has chosen to re-sign with the Viacom-owned MMA promotion to a multi-fight deal.

The news was originally reported by ESPN, and was later confirmed by MMA Fighting.

Chandler, who’s one of the most recognized Bellator fighters, went into free agency following his first-round submission win over Brandon Girtz back in April in the main event of Bellator 197. The win over Girtz improved Chandler’s record to 2-0 since dropping the Bellator lightweight belt to Brent Primus at Bellator NYC in June 2017. Chandler suffered a foot injury caused by one of Primus’ leg kicks, which forced doctors to stop and waive the fight.

Chandler, 32, is currently 18–4 as a professional fighter and holds a Bellator record of 15-4. The NCAA Division I All-American holds notable wins over Benson Henderson, Eddie Alvarez, Patricky Freire and Marcin Held.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/22/17770258/michael-chandler-re-signs-with-bellator
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”