Aaron Pico faces former title challenger Leandro Higo at Bellator 206

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Aaron Pico faces former title challenger Leandro Higo at Bellator 206

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:13 pm

By Shaun Al-Shatti @shaunalshatti Aug 8, 2018

Bellator’s show on Sept. 29 is becoming quite the stacked affair.

Featherweight phenom Aaron Pico will look to extend his run of first-round knockouts when he meets former Bellator title challenger Leandro Higo in a marquee matchup at Bellator 206, which takes place at the SAP Center in San Jose, Calif. MMA Fighting confirmed the booking Wednesday following an initial report by The Orange County Register.

Pico (3-1) has looked like a destroyer thus far in his young career. The 21-year-old blue-chip prospect enters Bellator 206 on the heels of a trio of consecutive first-round knockout wins over the likes of Justin Linn, Shane Krutchen, and Lee Morrison. The latter two of those wins came in a combined 107 seconds.

In Higo (18-4), though, Pico faces easily the toughest test of his MMA career.

The 29-year-old Brazilian is on the comeback trail after suffering a first-round loss to Bellator bantamweight champion Darrion Caldwell in his most recent fight this past March at Bellator 195. Prior to that, Higo lost a razor-thin split decision to former champion Eduardo Dantas then handily defeated fellow bantamweight contender Joe Taimanglo.

Bellator 206 is headlined by a champion vs. champion superfight between Gegard Mousasi and Rory MacDonald. The card will broadcast live exclusively on DAZN, marking Bellator’s debut on its new streaming partner.

Bellator 206 also features the start of the promotion’s upcoming welterweight grand prix with a matchup between former titleholders, Douglas Lima vs. Andrey Koreshkov, as well as a grudge match between MMA legends Quinton “Ramapge” Jackson and Wanderlei Silva.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/8/17668146/aaron-pico-faces-former-title-challenger-leandro-higo-at-bellator-206
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:11 pm

Higo was never really deserving of the title shot, and he's being fed to Pico IMO he's a career 135er and this is his debut at 145.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Jehannum wrote:Higo was never really deserving of the title shot, and he's being fed to Pico IMO he's a career 135er and this is his debut at 145.

- I think Higo got the skillset to complicate Pico.

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Jehannum wrote:Higo was never really deserving of the title shot, and he's being fed to Pico IMO he's a career 135er and this is his debut at 145.

some are rating him as a future champion already (Pico) but I also think Higo might give him some problems

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:08 pm

Jehannum wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:

some are rating him as a future champion already (Pico) but I also think Higo might give him some problems

- Higo is a veteran and more acomplished fighter. But Bellator made the bet on Pico. He is their investment, but theyre not protecting him.
Thats admirable of Bellator part!

Return to “Super Dojo”