Gone till Aug 4

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Gone till Aug 4

Postby Masato » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:19 pm

lol Good question, lets ask him what he wants :D

Mom always says pray for peace of mind and heart, no matter what life may sling at you

That, or to fall in love with a nice Korean girl.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:35 pm

Back to Lyfe. A good break, short but I feel like I've been away a lifetime. We got back from BC on Friday, then split the next morning for 2 nights of camping. I am refreshed and stoked to get back to work and routines again.

Spent good time with parents and brother, talked all the hard questions was great. Mom is getting worse fast but is handling it as best as you could ask from anyone. Dad too, very impressed with everyone was inspiring.

Here are some pics:

1st day we took the kids surfing, they had been asking forever and really wanted to go. The waves were shite for any real surfers but were perfect for giving kids a first lesson. We brought big long boards, and it was pretty shallow and sandy so my brother and I could stand in the waves and push them off when a wave came to help them catch it. Super fun, an amazing little beach:

my brother's car:

Mrs Masato stayed on the beach (brasilian, she thought we were crazy, lol water was cold. Wetsuits work though. Anyways she's not a very good action photographer, the kids got up quite a few times but this was she best shot we got:

West Coast is so great:

family reunion:

Fan Tan Alley, Chinatown in Victoria. When I was a little kid my uncle had a loft here, we stayed with him a while I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Mural depicting early days of Victoria Chinatown, I was always fascinated with imagining what it must have been like, the geography is so amazing there, what interesting times/characters and stories

This is apparently a functioning public Chinese School, downtown Victoria, kids go here like public school

Blatant Masonic imagery on key corner buildings downtown Victoria. This one had a big Star of David on it between the Jachin and Boaz Twin Towers:

Synagogue up the street, I noticed the same 'Triptych' architecture we were exploring here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5717

We rented a great lakefront Air BnB just 10 minutes from my folks' house:

My son is always eager to train BJJ when we travel, so we found this place. To our surprise it was the current INVICTA champ Sarah Kaufman's club:

She does the kids classes and was really amazing with my son, gave him lots of attention and showed him a few tricks specifically for his game:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:38 pm

Got to hook up with our man out west Greenseed again, we partied at my brother's girlfriend's house, ate barbeque.

Her son is really high energy and kept jumping and climbing on Greenseed and his chair, you should see greenseed's straight arm defense though, lol he sent the kid flying a few times didn't know what hit him :D

What a great guy

My dad surprised me by taking me to a house I lived in as a 1-2 year old. I have no memories of the place but it hit me pretty hard to see it, got a bit choked up its weird to come in contact with one's past sometimes

Lil Masato and I got to train with my brother who is a multi-degree black belt in Aikido. This was my 3rd Aikido lesson ever, I am terrible at it, lol. Like if I ever took dancing lessons, I guess I have 2 left feet or something.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:58 pm

Last day we went to Saltspring Island, as my bro was working at some Yoga Retreat place, and my wife wanted to go Pottery Studio hunting (she'd heard there were lots of potters there).

I LOVE riding the ferries in BC, all those Gulf Islands and coastlines to me are just magical

My bro and I riding the ferry:

coming in to Saltspring:

The yoga retreat my brother was going to was super trippy, it was a full on eco-commune type place he'd been going for several summers in a row. People can live and stay there all summer if they contribute somehow, they have big gardens and such, so there were people living in tents and vans and little cabins all over, everyone just living hippy island style together in the sunshine, it was really cool. My brother was there for 4 days I think and his exchange was to run the kids programs while he was there

We talked to this Surfer Dad who was living in this van with his 2 kids for the summer, rent free:

I can only assume this was some other hippy living in a wigwam, lol but not sure:

Founders of the place were inspired by a specific strand of Yoga from India, so several shrines and references to that kind of stuff. I wondered how cult-y it might be but honestly sensed it was all pretty chill

Then we said goodbye and explored the Island for a bit. I am telling you, BC Island life is like living on a other planet... I was in a daze the whole day just trying to imagine what life would be like on a place like this for any stretch of time. I must admit I am heavily attracted to it, I think I could enjoy it maybe in my later years.

One Potter's house/studio we visited. She lives here 365 producing pottery. What an interesting lifestyle. We saw a few more that were even prettier but those are on the wife's camera not mine

Ferry back to the main Island. So, so beautiful

Then camping for 2 nights, got my campfire quotas for the year, very happy

That's it!!! Summer vacation over. 10 days of heaven. How could anyone ask for more. Very satisfied, now back to work

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:28 am

Good stuff mang, just spoke to my sister for the first time in about 8 years. She still thinks I am me and will try to validate my identity.

Lester Burnham

Postby Lester Burnham » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Canuckster wrote:Pray for what?

Healing, peace, family.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:32 am

Shove your prayers up your asses you fucking cunts.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:21 am

Can't I pray for someone to kick him in the balls ?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:23 am

Vutu B missin out

I got yer back, Lester :D

Praying is not telling God what to do, lol. There is an art to it

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:06 am

Masato wrote:Vutu B missin out

I got yer back, Lester :D

Praying is not telling God what to do, lol. There is an art to it

Why dont you go draw some pictures for god? see if you can illustrate how much of a gigantic fuck up he is.

All powerful and shit..

Return to “Anarchy Zone”