Nixon 'Telephones' the MOON

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Illuminat3d0ne

Re: Nixon 'Telephones' the MOON

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:19 am

SRBrant wrote:
Jehannum wrote:to expand on my last point, men have definitely been to the moon, that is indisputable therefore answering the question the way he did makes no sense unless it WAS about why they didn't go back. No one has set foot on the moon twice. It's a loaded question IMO. Also, if Buzz Aldrin and the others in his crew HAD tried to return to the moon and died, it would've been a political shitstorm.

With political motives being the main reason for visiting the moon anyway, much more focus has been put on mars and other planets that could potentially contain life, especially now that scientists have more or less ruled out that possibility for the moon. I think the high risk is also a factor still, given that the scientific benefits of studying the moon seem to be relatively non-existent even in 2018. Supposedly we (the human race) don't even have any spacecraft capable of replicating the feat anyway.

We've been to the moon more than twice. The moon has little scientific benefits, but the economic benefits...who can truly measure them?

Also, there's another object orbiting the sun that deserves our attention: 16 Psyche. It is almost pure nickel-iron and the potential profits are off the charts to say the least.

Do you think the videos we have seen are actually from the moon?
Same question for jehannum

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:55 am

SRBrant wrote:We've been to the moon more than twice.
I'm talking about specific humans beings, like Buzz Aldrin.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:28 pm

Jehannum wrote:
SRBrant wrote:We've been to the moon more than twice.
I'm talking about specific humans beings, like Buzz Aldrin.

Oh. Well I guess when you've seen the Sea of Tranquility, you've seen it all.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:17 pm

I must really be nuts then because the more I look into it/the older I get, the more plainly absurd the whole thing looks.

It sounds ridiculous, looks ridiculous... data is missing, the tech of the day was a joke, the craft looks like a joke, telephone calls to the moon in real time, who filmed the craft taking off back to earth again, astronauts acting all wacky upon return, playing golf and driving a fucking Jeep around etc etc etc. All on their first try! To the fucking MOON and back, in 1969.

I saw a great doc where this guy goes to the NASA museum or whatever and starts asking hard questions about the LEM, examining/measuring it, and the story just made less and less sense, there was no space in that tiny thing for people to suit up/suit down, get in/out etc

I could go on I just can't get my head in any good conscience to take it seriously anymore, it all just looks so goofy/far fetched/impossible.

I suspect Canuckster is right, considering that it all may be a lie has really big ramifications, our whole world gets thrown into question. Much like 9/11 etc

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:29 pm

Masato wrote:who filmed the craft taking off back to earth again

took me less than 5 seconds to debunk that :P

https://www.universetoday.com/117331/ho ... years-ago/

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:08 pm

Jehannum wrote:

I'd heard that too. I don't see that as a 'debunking', as much as just a shoddy explanation from NASA. Of course someone had to give an official explanation for it, basically either believe them or not. I find it hard to believe, really... a camera device with tilt controls on the MOON, pre-programmed and operated from earth to pan and track something that looks like some middle school science experiment but supposed to be a legit spaceship.

What do you think of that takeoff being 1/6th the power/gravity of the Apollo rockets? Or do I have that math wrong?

I'm not gonna argue because I don't really know for sure, maybe its all real ('cept the phone call lol), I just find it all so crazy

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:31 pm

Masato wrote:
Jehannum wrote:

I'd heard that too. I don't see that as a 'debunking', as much as just a shoddy explanation from NASA. Of course someone had to give an official explanation for it, basically either believe them or not. I find it hard to believe, really... a camera device with tilt controls on the MOON, pre-programmed and operated from earth to pan and track something that looks like some middle school science experiment but supposed to be a legit spaceship.

What do you think of that takeoff being 1/6th the power/gravity of the Apollo rockets? Or do I have that math wrong?

I'm not gonna argue because I don't really know for sure, maybe its all real ('cept the phone call lol), I just find it all so crazy

at some point you have to make a stand on what you're willing to believe. Of course they gave an explanation, would you have expected them NOT to give one for something they did? (if they did it of course) ... seems like they couldn't possibly convince you of anything and all evidence can be discredited as far as your concerned.

With that in mind, you're going to see conspiracies at every turn, you are not allowing for anything else.

and we're not arguing, don't worry about that Masato, it's all lighthearted banter as far as I'm concerned

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:35 pm

People tend to regard NASA as a very trustworthy/benevolent organization, almost holy in some ways... some people have really made it into some sacred do-no-wrong hero worship.

But lets not forget that NASA is basically another wing of the US government/military, who lies and lies and lies and lies all the time about things both big and small, trivial and evil. All around there is no reason anymore to believe a goddamn word they say, but somehow NASA gets a pass and people can't wrap their heads around the idea that it may be anything but.

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:56 pm

Some might forget that but most of us accept that people lie for numerous reasons, and often about the most trivial stuff. I've done it plenty of times myself. It's just that for each element that is doubted, the list of people required to be involved in the cover up grows. So far the bulk of the supposed evidence is silly stuff like Buzz Aldrin interviews when he's possibly going senile, doubts about the various tech at the time even though multiple groups have debunked the bulk of the issues raised over the years etc.

I still have my doubts but it does seem more and more like they were reaching beyond what they could actually achieve at the time, and compromised in ways they didn't want to admit. That kind of problem solving I can understand, it's not always about what actually happened because that often is boring and unpalatable to the people it was meant for ... the world audience. They jazzed it up best they could and sold us a believeable but futuristic seeming reality, when it fact it was just a large lump of metal with people inside being blasted into space in the direction of the moon. It's about as unglamorous as it can get, all systems having been streamlined to keep the weight down and provide viable functionality.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:09 pm

Masato wrote:I must really be nuts then because the more I look into it/the older I get, the more plainly absurd the whole thing looks.

It sounds ridiculous, looks ridiculous... data is missing, the tech of the day was a joke, the craft looks like a joke, telephone calls to the moon in real time, who filmed the craft taking off back to earth again, astronauts acting all wacky upon return, playing golf and driving a fucking Jeep around etc etc etc. All on their first try! To the fucking MOON and back, in 1969.

I saw a great doc where this guy goes to the NASA museum or whatever and starts asking hard questions about the LEM, examining/measuring it, and the story just made less and less sense, there was no space in that tiny thing for people to suit up/suit down, get in/out etc

I could go on I just can't get my head in any good conscience to take it seriously anymore, it all just looks so goofy/far fetched/impossible.

I suspect Canuckster is right, considering that it all may be a lie has really big ramifications, our whole world gets thrown into question. Much like 9/11 etc

"The craft looks like a joke." Do you have any idea how much propellant it takes to get a single gram into orbit?

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”