Nixon 'Telephones' the MOON

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Nixon 'Telephones' the MOON

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:10 pm

^ interesting...

I figure however that not everyone 'involved' would have been privy to any insider truth. There is always a 'need to know' basis of things. Even at mission control, some shmuck could have been hired to do a meaningless task and he wouldn't know the difference. He gets a paycheck for his family and some prestige for being involved, he ain't gonna rock the boat.

This is the basic crux of a lot of conspiracy theories IMO... people either believe that Big Lies are capable of being executed, or they don't. Many can't conceive that authorities would ever or could ever lie to us on a grand scale, certainly not all the mainstream media etc. This is why people still can't shake their heads into seeing 9/11, they all saw it on the news, right? Certainly EVERYONE can't be lying, right?

The same mentality may offer a clue how said 400,000 people could be privy. They see their peers and bosses and the TV news journalists all talking about it, psychologically I think it would be very rare that many people would even be able to rationally go against the herd. Those who suspected probably understood what they were up against.

There may have been 400,000 people, but that top of that operation if indeed there was a deception I bet was quite a narrow peak. I have seen a lot to lead me to believe its much easier to fool huge masses of people than we like to believe, but that's just my opinion maybe I'm paranoid lol

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:36 pm

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:04 pm

el rey del mambo

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:56 am

Jehannum wrote:
Redneck wrote:
Jehannum wrote:lol Masato going down the rabbit hole!!

The wiki for the conspiracy theories makes me feel like I'm dumb for even considering the possibility it was faked in some way :(

and over 400,000 people would've had to be in on it? that's a hell of a lot, and way too many for it to be ALL fake (in my opinion)

Where does the 400,000 figure come from?

Even the people in the control room said they could not distinguish between a simulation and a real event.

All the Ham radio operators who tracked it, the various tracking stations around the world, could easily have believed that it was real.

I suspect that the Russians knew it was fake but what could they do about it? Who was going to believe the Evil Empire if it tried to shit on America's parade?
off the wikipedia

Number of conspirators involved
According to James Longuski (Professor of Aeronautics and Astronautics Engineering at Purdue University), the conspiracy theories are impossible because of their size and complexity. The conspiracy would have to involve more than 400,000 people who worked on the Apollo project for nearly ten years, the 12 men who walked on the Moon, the six others who flew with them as Command Module pilots, and another six astronauts who orbited the Moon.[Note 2] Hundreds of thousands of people – including astronauts, scientists, engineers, technicians, and skilled laborers – would have had to keep the secret. Longuski argues that it would have been much easier to really land on the Moon than to generate such a huge conspiracy to fake the landings.[81][82] To date, nobody from the United States government or NASA who would have had a link to the Apollo program has said the Moon landings were hoaxes. Penn Jillette made note of this in the "Conspiracy Theories" episode of his contrarian television show Penn & Teller: Bullshit! in 2005.[83] With the number of people involved, and noting the Watergate scandal, Jillette noted that someone would have outed the hoax by now.

With the exception of the astronauts and a tight clique of government agents, there is no reason that the 400k he refers to would have had any knowledge that they were pawns in a conspiracy to fake the Moon landing.

I have to take this gatekeeper's opinion with a grain of salt.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:13 pm

Well getting back to the OP, can we all agree at least that telephone call was fake then?

That starts the whole can of worms... Why would the President and NASA feel they had to add a fake phone call to the mix? You'd think the event itself (if real) was fantastic enough, no need to tarnish it with fake shit. But they did. What for? What else was 'embellished' for TV/political drama?

Seems awfully foolish to do any of that if the event itself was legit.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:14 pm

Here is Buzz Aldrin seemingly admitting to an 8 year old girl that he never went, just saw this last night for the first time.. Then he backpeddles, has a real hard time with the question lol

Trust kids to pull the truth outta people :D

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Masato wrote:Well getting back to the OP, can we all agree at least that telephone call was fake then?

That starts the whole can of worms... Why would the President and NASA feel they had to add a fake phone call to the mix? You'd think the event itself (if real) was fantastic enough, no need to tarnish it with fake shit. But they did. What for? What else was 'embellished' for TV/political drama?

Seems awfully foolish to do any of that if the event itself was legit.
I don't think it was fake, more like theatrics using what technology they had

in the end, was it even a big deal? seems like a trivial thing compared to not putting men on the moon at all

and you answered your own questions btw :)

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Masato wrote:Here is Buzz Aldrin seemingly admitting to an 8 year old girl that he never went, just saw this last night for the first time.. Then he backpeddles, has a real hard time with the question lol

Trust kids to pull the truth outta people :D

He was answering why they didn't go back, just at his age he was struggling to put his thoughts into words.

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:41 pm

to expand on my last point, men have definitely been to the moon, that is indisputable therefore answering the question the way he did makes no sense unless it WAS about why they didn't go back. No one has set foot on the moon twice. It's a loaded question IMO. Also, if Buzz Aldrin and the others in his crew HAD tried to return to the moon and died, it would've been a political shitstorm.

With political motives being the main reason for visiting the moon anyway, much more focus has been put on mars and other planets that could potentially contain life, especially now that scientists have more or less ruled out that possibility for the moon. I think the high risk is also a factor still, given that the scientific benefits of studying the moon seem to be relatively non-existent even in 2018. Supposedly we (the human race) don't even have any spacecraft capable of replicating the feat anyway.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:21 am

Jehannum wrote:to expand on my last point, men have definitely been to the moon, that is indisputable therefore answering the question the way he did makes no sense unless it WAS about why they didn't go back. No one has set foot on the moon twice. It's a loaded question IMO. Also, if Buzz Aldrin and the others in his crew HAD tried to return to the moon and died, it would've been a political shitstorm.

With political motives being the main reason for visiting the moon anyway, much more focus has been put on mars and other planets that could potentially contain life, especially now that scientists have more or less ruled out that possibility for the moon. I think the high risk is also a factor still, given that the scientific benefits of studying the moon seem to be relatively non-existent even in 2018. Supposedly we (the human race) don't even have any spacecraft capable of replicating the feat anyway.

We've been to the moon more than twice. The moon has little scientific benefits, but the economic benefits...who can truly measure them?

Also, there's another object orbiting the sun that deserves our attention: 16 Psyche. It is almost pure nickel-iron and the potential profits are off the charts to say the least.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”