Yup.

Amazing stuff, that 1969 technology!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:34 pm

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:04 pm

Thanks ok, I'm calling bullshit on that
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:03 pm

^ dude, I think this is supposed to be real footage:

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Richard_ ... o_the_Moon

On July 21, 1969 (Universal Coordinated Time), President Nixon spoke from the Oval Office (shortly before midnight on July 20, Eastern Daylight Time) to Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldrin at the Sea of Tranquility on the Moon. The call was coordinated from Mission Control in Houston. The President was introduced by the capsule communicator (normally the only person to communicate with astronauts in flight), astronaut Bruce McCandless II.

McCandless: ...We'd like to get both of you in the field-of-view of the camera for a minute. (Pause) Neil and Buzz, the President of the United States is in his office now and would like to say a few words to you. Over.

Armstrong: That would be an honor.

McCandless: Go ahead Mr. President. This is Houston out.

Nixon: Hello, Neil and Buzz. I'm talking to you by telephone from the Oval Room at the White House. And this certainly has to be the most historic telephone call ever made. I just can't tell you how proud we all are of what you've done. For every American, this has to be the proudest day of our lives. And for people all over the world, I am sure they too join with Americans in recognizing what an immense feat this is. Because of what you have done, the heavens have become a part of man's world. And as you talk to us from the Sea of Tranquility, it inspires us to redouble our efforts to bring peace and tranquility to Earth. For one priceless moment in the whole history of man, all the people on this Earth are truly one: one in their pride in what you have done, and one in our prayers that you will return safely to Earth.

Armstrong: Thank you Mr. President. It's a great honor and privilege for us to be here, representing not only the United States, but men of peace of all nations, and with interest and curiosity, and men with a vision for the future. It's an honor for us to be able to participate here today.

Nixon: And thank you very much and I look forward—all of us look forward—to seeing you on the Hornet on Thursday.

Armstrong: Thank you.

Aldrin: I look forward to that very much, sir.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:04 pm

good thing there wasn't much of a time delay, would have made the phone call a bit awkward

This is literally the phone he apparently made the call with:

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:25 am

^^^ Is that the iPhone beta model?

To be fair, they could patch a telephone into a radio communication back then, so he was just using the phone as the microphone. But regardless, that call was obviously not real. And it was nice of the Astronaut to take a script with him to the Moon.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:19 pm

You guys keep saying it’s not real/bullshit, but not sure exactly what you mean.

I haven’t seen anything to suggest this is a hoax or anything, from what I see it looks like according to the official record this call is supposed to have really happened.

Or if by fake/not real you mean faked by NASA and Nixon, then yes we are in agreement. The more I age, the more absurd that whole thing really looks. I just saw some supposed professionals today on ‘LinkedIn’ posting motivational memes referencing the moon landings as though they were real and indisputable, to to me this doesn’t look very good lol actually starting to come off a bit dumb imo

I’m gonna bring up this phone call next time someone wants to tell me people went to the moon and back on their first try in 1969. I bet most people haven’t heard of it... I didnt know about it, it’s an interesting part of the story

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:32 pm

What do you suppose that train-track thing behind him could be used for?

I am enjoying this vid, not the same-old arguments, some fresh stuff. Lots of footage from actual old TV broadcasts, they all look ridiculous lol

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:41 pm

Masato wrote:You guys keep saying it’s not real/bullshit, but not sure exactly what you mean.

I haven’t seen anything to suggest this is a hoax or anything, from what I see it looks like according to the official record this call is supposed to have really happened.

Or if by fake/not real you mean faked by NASA and Nixon, then yes we are in agreement. The more I age, the more absurd that whole thing really looks. I just saw some supposed professionals today on ‘LinkedIn’ posting motivational memes referencing the moon landings as though they were real and indisputable, to to me this doesn’t look very good lol actually starting to come off a bit dumb imo

I’m gonna bring up this phone call next time someone wants to tell me people went to the moon and back on their first try in 1969. I bet most people haven’t heard of it... I didnt know about it, it’s an interesting part of the story

I thought the moon landing hoax had been debunked years ago on every front.

I always remember the argument about why there were no visible stars when they had the best view of them ever seen by mankind (upto that point) but even that was debunked (explained lol) from what I remember. Personally I still don't believe they landed on the moon when they said they did, and I have to think that if it's true and they didn't, that it's a really stupid secret to keep all this time. Was the moon landing really a pivotal moment in history?

what did they get out of it in the end? was the international acclaim really worth that much?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:02 pm

The moon landing lies so big that if you crush it you will destroy the belief system in the world we live in today because if we can make a lie about that what else are we lying about
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”