Old Cement Factory + Architect =

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Old Cement Factory + Architect =

Postby Masato » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:52 pm

very cool:

Architect Turns Old Cement Factory Into His Home, And The Interior Will Take Your Breath Away

http://boilover.me/architect-turns-old- ... eath-away/

When Ricardo Bofill stumbled upon a dilapidated cement factory in 1973, he immediately saw a world of possibilities. La fábrica was born, and almost 45 years later, the structure has been completely transformed into a spectacular and unique home.

The factory, located just outside of Barcelona, was a WWI-era pollution machine that had closed down, and came with many repairs to be done when Ricardo Bofill and his team purchased it. After years of partial deconstruction, the determined architect proceeded to lace the exterior of the property with vegetation, and furnish the interior as a modern living and work space.

La fábrica is a work in progress to this day, to which Bofill likens his own life, as his visions for the future continue to change shape. The industrial chimneys that once filled the air with smoke now overflow with lush greenery, a fine example of the beautiful transformations that result from creative thinking.

More info: Ricardo Bofill

In 1973, Spanish architect Ricardo Bofill purchased a WWI-era cement factory near Barcelona. He immediately saw potential in the building, and began renovating it into his home

“I have the impression of living… in a closed universe which protects me from the outside and everyday life” Bofill writes

“Life goes on here in a continuous sequence, with very little difference between work and leisure”

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:45 pm

Clean, yet rustic! I adore it!

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:42 am

I love it
so cool
castle of the apocalypse

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:45 am

Jealousy intensifies.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”