What do you guys think of Jordan Peterson?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

What do you guys think of Jordan Peterson?

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:35 am

I think hes a logical guy but some of his stuff is pure bullshit, in the following vid he claims that most people in a lecture hall of the university of Toronto would have an IQ over greater than 120. BULLSHIT. Id personally say that there wouldnt be many with less than 95 and very few with greater than 130 or they wouldnt be there.

Anyway overall do you guys think he's legit or are his fingers stained with snake grease?

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:39 am

Sorry by "wouldnt be there" I meant that very very intelligent people are generally not interested in the whole IQ debate, its of very little use to them and its "predictive validity" is of even less use.

I know 3 genius level people IRL, one is an asian dude I worked with, another a cousin's cunt husband and the last I wont mention here due to privacy reasons. All 3 are tormented souls who would lose their shit watching that vid or just ignore it if in polite company

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:09 am

Can't be bothered with videos. Takes 10 times as long as reading the transcript.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:15 am

Kind of an interesting guy I guess Vutu but I'm about Peterson'd out for now I'm afraid.

I come here having had my fill of talkin' 'bout sociology I guess. I'm sure the gang over at The Grand Chessbord would by happy to delve in ;)
el rey del mambo

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:Kind of an interesting guy I guess Vutu but I'm about Peterson'd out for now I'm afraid.

I come here having had my fill of talkin' 'bout sociology I guess. I'm sure the gang over at The Grand Chessbord would by happy to delve in ;)

This is me all over again lol

In 1988 I got my first flat top 3 years after they had come into fashion here in Aus. JP is old news I know but I just started watching him and I think he's meh

Lester Burnham

Postby Lester Burnham » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:45 pm

I've seen quotes from the guy and he seems interesting. I don't know much more about him than that.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:04 am

Peterson is a cool guy, my younger brother used his future authoring program and really liked it. Also if you have seen the Cathy Newman debate you got 30 mins of entertainment from him.

As for most people in a UofT class having an IQ of 120 or more, I would agree with him for the more respected half of programs offered. In our high schools you can take a test which determines if your IQ is above or below 125, for if you want to skip ahead. I was typically one of the top kids in my classes and I took the test and got over(thank Thor because it got me out of French class). But then when I got to UofT it wasn't uncommon at all to meet people as smart as me or smarter. My roommate Nick was smarter than me, most classes would have a few kids who were probably smarter than me. It was very interesting how this changed the social dynamics of something like going out on a Saturday night. There were zero meatheads in the group who would drink too much and want to fight randoms on the street, everyone preferred sit-down pubs to bars or clubs, and it was considered completely normal to sperg out about nerdy shit.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:54 am

Vutulaki wrote:I think hes a logical guy but some of his stuff is pure bullshit, in the following vid he claims that most people in a lecture hall of the university of Toronto would have an IQ over greater than 120. BULLSHIT. Id personally say that there wouldnt be many with less than 95 and very few with greater than 130 or they wouldnt be there.

Anyway overall do you guys think he's legit or are his fingers stained with snake grease?

I have a client who's a professor at uoft and he says most of his students are dumb as shit, with the odd exception.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:25 am

Canuckster wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:I think hes a logical guy but some of his stuff is pure bullshit, in the following vid he claims that most people in a lecture hall of the university of Toronto would have an IQ over greater than 120. BULLSHIT. Id personally say that there wouldnt be many with less than 95 and very few with greater than 130 or they wouldnt be there.

I have a client who's a professor at uoft and he says most of his students are dumb as shit, with the odd exception.

Yep, I have managed multiple grad program kids over the years, my industry will pay these kids $80K straight out of Uni so we get the good ones. Apart from law grads the rest are dumb as fuck, business grads (like me) who ive managed are basically shat out of these schools with little to know ability to think critically. I had one graduate who was apply for the fucking grad program (not just directly into an entry level role) follow up his job app with a TEXT message which read verbatim "So how did I go?", this was after the first group interview and I have no idea how he got my number.

Way to stand out from the crowd shithead..

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:03 pm

He's highly intelligent, I like to hear him speak.

He's probably wrong about the average IQ in that audience, but that's just theatrics, he's making a point which is quite legit. Most of those fuckers in the room probably do have a higher average IQ than the average bunch of idiots standing around on a street corner in the hood.

IQ's are bullshit anyway, they are mostly math and logic based. So you could be a complete social retard in every other respect, but as long as you know what number is coming next in a sequence or the solution to a puzzle, your'e a genius.

I bet that the average street hustler could swindle the math boys if it came down to a real world situation.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”