Busiest youve been for work

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

Busiest youve been for work

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:35 am

Averaging 16 hours per day thats not including cooking, cleaning, driving kids places like training/music class etc 16 hours on just work shit a day which is double the standard work day in aus. Its school holidays too and since I dont have a back up with mum dead now its work plsu kids arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Just got off the phone, looked at it and there's a text saying I have 8 new voicemail messages.

I dont drink or smoke weed. Fuck my life.

Whats the busiest you have ever been? tell me a story that makes my days seem like a cakewalk, I need it..

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:52 am

Just before I went to Uni I was putting in all the hours I could at the call centre I worked at. It was during the main billing cycle so we opened till later at night. I was stuck in the office taking calls from 8am - 10pm every day for two weeks. With a half hour journey tagged onto either end as well. I know it is only 14 hours, but it was a gruelling 14 hours dealing with people who in general were pissed off with their water bill. I must have been talking to an average of over 100 people a day.

By the end of it I was like a zombie. When I finished at 4pm (my shift that week was (8-4) I literally didn’t know what to do with myself.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:24 pm

Benwahwah wrote:Just before I went to Uni I was putting in all the hours I could at the call centre I worked at. It was during the main billing cycle so we opened till later at night. I was stuck in the office taking calls from 8am - 10pm every day for two weeks. With a half hour journey tagged onto either end as well. I know it is only 14 hours, but it was a gruelling 14 hours dealing with people who in general were pissed off with their water bill. I must have been talking to an average of over 100 people a day.

By the end of it I was like a zombie. When I finished at 4pm (my shift that week was (8-4) I literally didn’t know what to do with myself.

Perfect thank you, just what I needed. At least this situation might lead to things like seeing well raised kids, directorship of my own company and more $$$

Those kinda hours for what I imagine was shit pay and no prospects would kill me,.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:52 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Benwahwah wrote:Just before I went to Uni I was putting in all the hours I could at the call centre I worked at. It was during the main billing cycle so we opened till later at night. I was stuck in the office taking calls from 8am - 10pm every day for two weeks. With a half hour journey tagged onto either end as well. I know it is only 14 hours, but it was a gruelling 14 hours dealing with people who in general were pissed off with their water bill. I must have been talking to an average of over 100 people a day.

Perfect thank you, just what I needed. At least this situation might lead to things like seeing well raised kids, directorship of my own company and more $$$

Those kinda hours for what I imagine was shit pay and no prospects would kill me,.

Yeah, the pay was shit; but the fact I was going to Uni, and I was collecting as much money as possible is what carried me through it.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:26 pm

Benwahwah wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

Yeah, the pay was shit; but the fact I was going to Uni, and I was collecting as much money as possible is what carried me through it.

Were you making more money then than now? not factoring in cost of living of course but straight Baht vs BPS?

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Yeah, I was making more money back then, but I was still on minimum wage. I think I was earning about £12,000 a year then. I earn about £9,400 a year here.

Like you say though, cost of living is an incredible factor. Take food for example. Here a take out meal, I'll use Pork Fried Rice as my example, costs the equivalent of 70p. Now portions in the UK are twice as big, so lets call it £1.40 for a fair comparison. In the UK a Pork Fried Rice can cost as little as £6 and as much as £7. Aside from obviously western food like pizza, this price comparison can be found across the board.

Also housing is totally different as well. In the UK, up in the north where I am from a 2 bed house will cost about £350 to £450 pounds. Here I pay £125. When I lived in London I was paying £600 for a bedroom in a shared house.

So I can actually save more money here than I ever could in the UK. I barely drink anymore, and if I buy cigarettes from Laos, which is literally just over the border then 200 cigarettes cost £2.50. That is less than quarter of the price of a pack in the UK.

I can comfortably get by in Thailand on about £400 a month. It is why I get pissed off when I see people complaining about how farang are paid 'slave wages'. At 35,000thb a month (£782), I am paid 2.5x more than the average Thai person who earns about 14,000 (£313). I am able to save 50% of my wage if I want, how the hell is that slave wages?

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:42 am

Benwahwah wrote:Yeah, I was making more money back then, but I was still on minimum wage. I think I was earning about £12,000 a year then. I earn about £9,400 a year here.

Like you say though, cost of living is an incredible factor. Take food for example. Here a take out meal, I'll use Pork Fried Rice as my example, costs the equivalent of 70p. Now portions in the UK are twice as big, so lets call it £1.40 for a fair comparison. In the UK a Pork Fried Rice can cost as little as £6 and as much as £7. Aside from obviously western food like pizza, this price comparison can be found across the board.

Also housing is totally different as well. In the UK, up in the north where I am from a 2 bed house will cost about £350 to £450 pounds. Here I pay £125. When I lived in London I was paying £600 for a bedroom in a shared house.

So I can actually save more money here than I ever could in the UK. I barely drink anymore, and if I buy cigarettes from Laos, which is literally just over the border then 200 cigarettes cost £2.50. That is less than quarter of the price of a pack in the UK.

I can comfortably get by in Thailand on about £400 a month. It is why I get pissed off when I see people complaining about how farang are paid 'slave wages'. At 35,000thb a month (£782), I am paid 2.5x more than the average Thai person who earns about 14,000 (£313). I am able to save 50% of my wage if I want, how the hell is that slave wages?

Yep ESL teachers have a good lot in Thailand, Galt would agree im sure. It gets difficult when one wants to drink at farang bars and eat at farang restaurants everyday and expects as you noted UK (western sized portions)

Serving sizes in Thailand, Malaysia, Singers and South Korea are just about right, in Australia they serve you enough to feed 2-3 audlts easily and people wonder why they are the size of 2-3 adults lol.

The serving sizes in the Islands are even worse than the west but the regulator is that most cant afford to eat out more than 1-2 a month. Its also the fattest region on earth so theres that.

I remember eating with some of the fighters at Lana MT, I asked them to take me to a local place so I could save money and shout them at the same time. I remember ordering a freshwater fish curry and rice and when it came out I started digging into it myself. The boys ordered side dishes only, then half way through the fish it dawned on me that cause I ordered a whole fish they thought we'd share it and ordered side dishes like soups and whatever only. I ended up ordering them another fish but for all practical purposes these guys were in way better shape than me, probably stronger P4P and were accustomed to eating maybe a 3rd of what I was.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:14 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Benwahwah wrote:Yeah, I was making more money back then, but I was still on minimum wage. I think I was earning about £12,000 a year then. I earn about £9,400 a year here.

Yep ESL teachers have a good lot in Thailand, Galt would agree im sure. It gets difficult when one wants to drink at farang bars and eat at farang restaurants everyday and expects as you noted UK (western sized portions)

Serving sizes in Thailand, Malaysia, Singers and South Korea are just about right, in Australia they serve you enough to feed 2-3 audlts easily and people wonder why they are the size of 2-3 adults lol.

The serving sizes in the Islands are even worse than the west but the regulator is that most cant afford to eat out more than 1-2 a month. Its also the fattest region on earth so theres that.

I remember eating with some of the fighters at Lana MT, I asked them to take me to a local place so I could save money and shout them at the same time. I remember ordering a freshwater fish curry and rice and when it came out I started digging into it myself. The boys ordered side dishes only, then half way through the fish it dawned on me that cause I ordered a whole fish they thought we'd share it and ordered side dishes like soups and whatever only. I ended up ordering them another fish but for all practical purposes these guys were in way better shape than me, probably stronger P4P and were accustomed to eating maybe a 3rd of what I was.

I would have loved to see the look on your face when you realized.

Greedy Bastard lol

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:51 am

Shinkicker wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

I would have loved to see the look on your face when you realized.

Greedy Bastard lol

yeah was at a local place and the staff and my guests were looking at me strangely, didnt take long for the penny to drop

You guys are the WORST for over eating, the amount of fat HOMELESS people ive seen on TV in the US amazes me, our homeless are all pretty trim. Im sure you get the odd one who's fat but its not noticable, I like watching skidrow docos and seeing as the US is the only developed country with actual skidrows Ive seen this a lot.

Cant afford $15 for a room in a hostel, can afford 7,000 calories per day

MERICA!

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:31 am

Gave a 1000 baht to an old lady yesterday, the hookers were aghast. "That's more than she gets in a week!" Pissed them right off lol.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”